Did you marry the right person?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Pisces_Fish, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jan 4, 2009

Ok, ok, it's a pretty loaded question for a message board (and would require tons of honesty to admit you didn't) but I'm curious....

Are you confident you married The One? I'm unmarried, but I know my BF isn't the One, and it bothers me. I love him, yet I'm not in love with him. Strangely, my first love broke my heart by telling me that, and I hated him for it. But years later, here I am living it.

3. jw13

jw13 Groupie

Jan 4, 2009

Yes I did...for many reasons he is The One.

If you aren't "in love" with your bf, you really need to think about why you might be sticking around.

4. loveforquantum

loveforquantum Rookie

Jan 4, 2009

Yes, i'm quite sure i married the right person. And like jw13, i have many reasons.

I hope everything works out well for you in the end. I'm sure it will. :hugs:

5. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Jan 4, 2009

I didn't marry the right man. I knew on my wedding day that I was making a huge mistake and I so desperately wanted leave him standing at the alter. I told myself, "there's always divorce." We're divorced now. :)

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jan 4, 2009

I sure hope DH is "The One" because we had the "divorce is not an option" discussion before we got married.

I wouldn't have kept dating him if I couldn't have seen myself with him for the long haul. I'm not the type of person who needed to be in a relationship, so I wouldn't stay with a person I didn't see a future with.

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 4, 2009

I'm sure I married "The One" as well. There are many reasons, but the main one is the fact that I don't know anyone else that could put up with me. :)

8. reverie

reverie Companion

Jan 4, 2009

Aww, Pisces, I would say if you don't find your current boyfriend to be "the one" then maybe consider breaking up with him altogether. It'd be best for him to be able to move on and find someone who does want to marry him.

9. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jan 4, 2009

I know I did. He may be a pain in the "umm" often enough but he is there for me always. I love him for it. He shares his love everyday. That's enough for me.

10. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Jan 4, 2009

haha stg- thats what im looking for someone who can put up with me :lol::lol: no luck so far

11. Sunny Teacher

Sunny Teacher Rookie

Jan 4, 2009

I love my boyfriend to pieces, but I don't think he's the one. :( It's hard to break up with someone you do love so much though...

12. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jan 4, 2009

My mom put a bumper sticker on my husband's old car that said,

"Marriage is finding that one special person you CAN annoy for the rest of your life."

13. New3rdTeacher

New3rdTeacher Comrade

Jan 4, 2009

my husband is by far the best person for me!!! He's the best thing to come in to my life and I am so blessed to have him in my life :)

14. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jan 4, 2009

My hubby is the "ONE"--after all he has put up with me for 22 years and I never thought anyone could do that. Today he is the greatest. Yesterday I "accidently" permanently deleted all my files on my laptop and he spent the entire day restoring everything. I dated several before him and knew immediately that I would spend the rest of my life with him. This shocked our friends because we are total opposites.

15. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jan 5, 2009

Yup. No question about it, he's just...it. I don' t know how to explain it. A lot of people have talked about annoying/being annoyed by that person...it's true! I may be annoyed by something he says or does, but in my mind, I'm thinking OK, when can this be over so we can be 'us' again? He's the one whom I can't imagine NOT being with...when I think of "old me", he's right there in my mind...my goals/wishes/life is his, and vice versa...we're just intertwined...

16. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 5, 2009

Absolutely, he's The One.

And, even nicer in the wee hours of the morning, I know I'm The One for him as well :)