Did you know?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MissH225, Jun 2, 2009.

1. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

Jun 2, 2009

Every since my interview last week (that I'm still waiting to hear back about). At the interview I had no problems answering the questions but the lady I interviewed with was very hard to read. A friend of mine interviewed with her later in the afternoon and said the same thing. I feel like I didn't get it but I guess it's still possible.

So for those of you who have gotten a job, did you know it /feel it? When I got my IA position I knew pretty much walking out and got a phone call an hour later (after they called a reference of mine) but I know this is a little different then a teaching position?

What about did anyone get a job when they totally thought they blew it?

3. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Jun 2, 2009

The interview I had last year that I received a teaching position from went well, but it was super short - about 15 minutes. I walked away with no thoughts as to whether or not I would get it, but two hours later, I got an offer!

In retrospect, I now see that I would have been comfortable in thinking I would receive a job offer because when I think back to it, the interview was very conversational and I was able to make them laugh a few times.

4. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jun 2, 2009

I felt pretty positive after my interview that I got an offer from last year and I thought afterward that I had the job if I wanted it. I got nervous, though, because the principal said I would know at the beginning of the week and she didn't get back to me until the end of the week. I wasn't very nervous because it was a subject area that is harder to find people in (middle school math, which I could teach in that state because I had enough credits in math) and a location where it is hard to get people into and I was pretty sure it was just me against only a couple of other people.

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 2, 2009

My first job I knew I was going to get because I was already doing a LTS in another position in the school. The second job I didn't think I did very well, but received a call a few hours later offering me the job.

6. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jun 2, 2009

My first job ever, I left feeling like I had done my best, but not sure how I had actually fared against my competition. Later, I was offered the job. The principal met with me only but on the way out she introduced me to the first grade team. Jokingly I said to the team, "Hire me! I'm really good and tons of fun to work with!" Later I found out the principal had narrowed down the list to me and one other teacher. She asked the first grade teachers their impression and they said to hire me because I had made them laugh. You just never know what will get you hired but a sense of humor and a positive attitude helped me!

7. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Jun 2, 2009

When I have walked out knowing that I had the job my interviews were ones that felt more like a conversation. Questions were not being barked at me, but we were engaging in dialogue back and forth.

8. MrsHoot

MrsHoot Comrade

Jun 2, 2009

I felt similarly to SCTeach. I left the first interview feeling good, but not knowing how I fared. I left the second interview (with the principal and teams) feeling like I really did my best, but having ABSOLUTELY no idea how they received me. It was odd because both times I was satisfied by how I did, but didn't expect to be chosen for the job.

9. lindita323

lindita323 Companion

Jun 2, 2009

Last summer I had a panel interview with 8-10 of the school's current staff. It was pretty casual, but I couldn't read most of them, especially the principal. When I left I felt like I didn't get my points across clearly. I actually cried on the way home because I didn't feel I had sold myself. The next day the principal called and by the tone of her voice, I thought she was calling to say thanks but they'd chosen someone else, but they chose me! That was an awesome feeling! I love my job and laugh now at how miserable I thought that interview had gone!!! Sometimes you just don't know how good you really are!!!