Did you get anything?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Grammy Teacher, May 11, 2008.

1. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

May 11, 2008

For Teacher Appreciation Week, which was last week? We all got flowers and a $50.00 gift card for Wal Mart, oh and a cake. Did your bosses do anything for any of you??? The sweetest thing, one of my little boys came in with roses for me. He had his hair all slicked back and looked like some character from Spanky and our gang.

3. jojo808

jojo808 Comrade

May 12, 2008

WOW!! $50?! We had a nice lunch and the student council had students share "testimonials" on how wonderful we are. It was really nice.

4. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

May 12, 2008

The PTO did lunch one day and the school another. Two students gave me gifts (gift card and candle from one (yummy smelling - not that we burned it :whistle:) and Bath and Body works set and adorable stuffed puppy from the other). Our PTO is having issues with the teachers right now, and they are the ones who usually give us a gift.

5. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

May 12, 2008

What??? It was teacher appreciation week??:whistle:

6. Lindzee82

Lindzee82 Companion

May 12, 2008

We got small treats from our principal and PTO each day. I got a highlighter, a pack of gum, post-it notes, and a bottle of water. There was also a drawing each day for a prize and I got a Tide To Go pen. We had donuts one morning, the principal bought us all lunch one day, and we had desserts on Friday. It was nice. The principal also set it up so that each teacher would get a postcard mailed to her house from one of her students. It was the best gift ever! I also got a rose plant from one of my students and a $10 gift card to Barnes and Noble from another student. It was a nice week.

7. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

May 12, 2008

Principal hired a masseuse one day. I got my massage at 3:00, it was great!

8. Lives4Math

Lives4Math Comrade

May 12, 2008

The principal provided food for a social after school one day....the pto gave us all hanging plants....and parents brought in desserts for us one day. I got a ceramic bell, pencil holder, and box from one student that said #1 teacher on all of them with apples and teacher things and another student brought me flowers from her yard in a vase. I had a past students mom and younger sister bring me a bag full of teacher goodies (post its, pens, paper clips, note pad, travel mug, coffee creamers...) and a beautiful note because I tutored the oldest girl (was one of my 5th graders last year) and she's getting As in math now. I saved the note for my portfolio!

9. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

May 12, 2008

NADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait there were some stale muffins in the teacher's room!

10. scarlette

scarlette New Member

May 12, 2008

I am so at the wrong school! Who hands out $50????!!!! We got served a breakfast one morning, but we're not sure where it came from...

11. Historyteaching

Historyteaching Cohort

May 12, 2008

The educators assoc. if you were members gave them a lunch..the Beta Club passed around a small note with a sucker attached. That's it. Many veteran teachers were surprised that more wasn't done.

12. La Profesora

La Profesora Cohort

May 12, 2008

MMMMMMM Breakfst tacos. My fave.

13. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

May 12, 2008

Our parent organization provided lunch on Thursday and our classified staff provided lunch Wednesday. I got some flowers, poems, pictures, and cards from my kids, a really nice sign and wonderful letter, and some candy today. I actually told my kids not to bring me any candy because I was on a diet, so one of my students brought me Weight Watchers candy! It was perfect because the diet I'm on IS Weight Watchers! The school also gave us these little clocks with places to put pictures in.

14. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

May 12, 2008

We got lunch, a mug, and candy...

15. elizak83

elizak83 Companion

May 12, 2008

From the administrators we got a lunch bag with our school motto on it. From the PTA we got an "entertainment book" (those books w/ all the coupons in it) and breakfast. Each room parent planned the rest for each class...some room parents went crazy (My teammate got dinner cooked for her everyday and a new printer/scanner copier for her room..crazy!)
    My roommate parent planned it so that I had an hour long lunch one day, flowers from my class one day, and a new teacher bag w/ books and a 55 dollar gift card to my fav. restaurant. It was really nice..my old school never even acknowledged t.a. week.

16. BeckyPie7

BeckyPie7 Companion

May 12, 2008

Wow...I feel underappreciated. We got a lunch sack...with nothing in it. None of my students gave me anything...I didn't even know it was teacher appreciation week. I guess that's why we got the sack...

17. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

May 12, 2008

here's why

A week before Teacher's Week, we put a sign out on the front desk! We figured there was no way we would let them forget us this year!!!

18. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

May 12, 2008

private facility

We work for a private daycare/Preschool. That's the difference. Oh, and we reminded them. Everyone was in need of some encouragement and money does it. We're encouraged!!!:rolleyes::)

19. Ms Petunia

Ms Petunia Rookie

May 12, 2008

Wow Elizak83 what a fun school you work at! I had a surprise visitor last week, I assumed it was for teacher appreciation week. A student I had 5 years ago arrived with a large painting of a butterfly she made especially for me! I felt so special :)

20. ancientcivteach

ancientcivteach Habitué

May 12, 2008

We were fed many things that were bad for us - donuts seemed to grow on trees ;), a nice card from the pto, and one of my boys brought each team teacher a rose and a box of candy. It was sweet.

21. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

May 12, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Week? Wow, I guess i missed it too !
    We definitely are underpaid and underappreciated here...nothing from the boss, nothing from any parent or child. (Not that I want gifts, though. I am always thrilled with a home-made card, or a kind word!)

22. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

May 12, 2008

Yeah it is now parent appreciation week here. Last week we got gifts every day. Monday each kid brought a flower to make a bouquet, Tuesday-fruit, Wendesday-candy, Thursday-cards, and Friday they signed a picture fame with a cute poem in it and we got breakfast. Principal also hired a massage person for a day. It was very nice. This week I have to give the parents cookies and something I made. On that note.....I have no idea what I'm going to make!

23. sundrop

sundrop Cohort

May 12, 2008

The principal gave each of us a nice scented candle. The PTO spoiled us each day...Mon.: breakfast in the lounge, Tues: treats in the lounge all day, Wed.: thermos travel mug & $20 gas card, Thurs.: books made with pages done by students, Fri.: lunch in the lounge & bouquet of flowers. It was very nice of them, and extremely generous.

24. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

May 12, 2008

The Beta Club kids brought in breakfast and lunch items one day, and it ended up being enough for TWO days. They all wrote nice notes and had them on the tables, too. Another day we had catered lunch, and each of us got a flower.

25. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

May 12, 2008

Our Team Leaders (also teachers) gave us a breakfast Monday, chocolate Tuesday, Lunch Wednesday, seed packets on Thursday and Friday we all got a carnation.

The teachers union gave us all 6 dollar gift cards to Dunkin Donuts.

26. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

May 12, 2008

We were treated well- the pta gave us chocolates on Monday, hand lotion from Mary Kay on Wednesday and a luncheon on Friday. We got new teacher bags from our principal and ap, and we also got chair massages on Thursday. I think Food Services also made cookies, but I didn't venture into the teacher's room for that. :)

27. Teacher2Be123

Teacher2Be123 Companion

May 12, 2008

Aw one of the families at my daycare were the only ones to do anything. They brought in a huge case of water, chocolate chip cookies and then ordered us a pizza for lunch. Along with it she left a note that said "To the Teachers, for all the diapers you have changed, the noses you have wiped, the knowledge you have shared. Thank you" it was really cute and made our day.

28. allyd

allyd Rookie

May 12, 2008

Our local grocery store offers flowers for sale for $1.00 and then the PTO organizes flower day. The students bring flowers one morning and you end up with about 5 bouquets of flowers. It is pretty neat. This year I also got two plants. Our PTO also organizes a Teacher Appreciation luncheon, which multiple parents cook. The principal has breakfast of fruit and pastries one morning. I love the flowers because any student can participate. Some bring lilacs from their own backyard!

29. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

May 12, 2008

Monday our PTO had a Mexican lunch with all the trimmings catered for us, Tuesday we got candy, Wednesday they brought in breakfast, Thursday got a "goody bag" with a mug, pen, and post-its, Friday we had "Spa Day" and we got pampered during our planning time... didn't think about the "little darlings" for a full 45 minutes. Student wise I got some really cute letters they did during computer lab about "why my teacher is special", and one of the kids brought me roses.

30. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

May 12, 2008

A parent wrote a letter to me. Other than that...nothing. Nothing from the principal which I was very surprised about.

31. Calliope

Calliope Companion

May 12, 2008

A spiral notebook with the school logo on it. :yawn:

32. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

May 12, 2008

HAH! Nobody said boo. I bet they haven't heard of teacher appreciation week, but a bit of appreciation sometime would be in order anyway... :(

33. tomfoolery

tomfoolery Rookie

May 12, 2008

We received some tokens of appreciation from our PTO each day: flowers, muffins, book fair gift certificate. Very thoughtful of them but then I've told everyone that with all the nice comments we get from parents, I feel appreciated most every day. What a great job this is.

34. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 13, 2008

For those of you who didn't get anything, at least you didn't get something insulting. I'm an admin. assistant at the moment until I find a job, and what did I get on admin. assistant day? A subscription to an electronic newsletter called 'How to Be A Better Admin. Assistant'. The first article was all about how to order your boss a limousine. :confused:

35. Beezus

Beezus Cohort

May 13, 2008

Jem! How horrid!
    I believe I would be offended too!

36. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

May 13, 2008

We got a bookmark and pen on Monday. We also got soup for lunch. We had pizza delivered on Thursday.

I received a 6 pack of OPI lotions from a student.

37. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 13, 2008

Hahah-thanks for the shared horror, Beezus. I had to forward the e-mail to everyone I knew, because it was just so unbelievable. I even checked my calendar date-nope, not April 1st...

Love your screenname, btw.

38. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

May 13, 2008

We seriously got a red pen! :eek:

39. repete8

repete8 Companion

May 13, 2008

We received a gift card for a restaurant. PTO brought us lunch last Thursday.

40. queenie

queenie Groupie

May 13, 2008

The PTO provided a nice fried chicken lunch and a $10 gift card to Bob Evans. A student's mom brought me a very nice card and a miniature rose bush, too. Nice!

41. queenie

queenie Groupie

May 13, 2008

"We seriously got a red pen."

Haaaahaahahahahahaahahhhhhaaaaa!

nuh uh. You're lying ?