Did I mess up?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by bewlove, Apr 29, 2014.

1. bewlove

bewlove Companion

Apr 29, 2014

I'm the type to send an email and freak out....which is what I did today!

I have a second interview with a district coming up in ten days. It is a panel interview, and I want to have school specific questions.

I sent an email to the HR lady who I interviewed with the first time (and it went so well!). I told her that I had a couple of questions, one asking if she knew which principals were going to be at my interview because I had some questions for them that I wasn't sure if I would be able to ask there. The other question was just telling her that I was looking into getting my ESL endorsement over the summer, and I wanted to know if she thought that was something I should pursue as an applicant in her county (just because it's not very diverse...). I thanked her for her time and everything.

I haven't heard anything back! My mind is running rampant. I'm thinking, "She isn't going to hire me! I annoyed her! She thinks I'm an idiot! Etc."

I thought they were logical questions! Was I annoying? Lol. :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 29, 2014

You're not annoying. Think of all of the people who are emailing her right now-applicants, principals, interview teams, superintendents, etc. She's probably swamped, and your question is probably low on her list right now.

Focus on your interview, instead of worrying. You'll be fine!

4. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Apr 29, 2014

I wouldn't worry about it. Hopefully she emails you back, if not don't sweat it. You already made it to the interview portion. You can always ask principals for their contact info later and ask questions.

5. Loveslabs

Loveslabs Companion

Apr 29, 2014

Maybe she wasn't at work today? Maybe she wants time to think about how to answer you as far as the ESL endorsement? Maybe she doesn't know which principals will be there so she is waiting to find out that information?

6. bewlove

bewlove Companion

Apr 29, 2014

Haha, now I feel dumb. She responded and was nice. I told you that I always worry! The good news is that I got a call for another interview for tomorrow!!! YAY! It's with a different district.