Did I get the job or not??

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by kit_kate27, May 29, 2013.

1. kit_kate27

kit_kate27 Rookie

May 29, 2013

I interviewed for a position last week, and I heard back from the woman I interviewed with saying she wants me to join the team and giving me the details (i.e. placement, etc.). She then said the next step is to meet with the assistant superintendent, who is in charge of hiring and contracts. She said after that it goes to the board for approval. Does this mean I'm hired, or am I going through some sort of additional interview process??? I just want to sign my contract and have the position secured!
    Thanks!

3. nyteacher29

nyteacher29 Comrade

May 29, 2013

I'd say its 95% chance but its not final yet meaning don't put all your eggs in that basket. Still go on other interviews but seems to be a good chance

4. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

May 29, 2013

It sounds like she's recommending you for hire to the Asst. Sup. He might be someone who goes by the recommendation of the principal and the meeting with him might be a formality or it could be a full interview where he will decide on you for himself. If that goes well, you will be recommended for board approval which, in most cases, is pretty automatic if the admin is recommending you.

If I were you, I'd be cautiously optimistic. Best of luck!

5. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

May 29, 2013

I agree with jersey! In my district its often a formality. Good luck!