Did Anyone "Pretty" Themselves for Back-to-School?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by TeacherSandra, Aug 15, 2009.

1. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 16, 2009

I cut 5 inches off my hair before the wedding and another 14 two weeks ago. I hate it. haha.

2. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Aug 16, 2009

I had my eyebrows done last week, but will probably have it done again before school starts since we don't start until September 9th. I touched up my grey hairs yesterday and refuse to get my hair cut because she didn't do what I wanted the last time. Needless to say...it needs to grow, A LOT! I also bought a few new outfits, but not too many. I'm really trying to watch my spending these days.

3. holliday

holliday Comrade

Aug 16, 2009

We start back to school this Thursday...I had a baby in May so none of my clothes fit! Ugh. My goal was to lose the baby weight over the summer but it did NOT happen. At least I can go in and get a cute haircut - I want bangs.

4. LoVe 2 TcH

LoVe 2 TcH Companion

Aug 16, 2009

I, too, am pretting myself for back to school!!

I am getting a cut and, for the first time in 3 years, a color.... I can't wait!!!

5. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 16, 2009

Holy cow! How long was your hair before and now? :mellow:

6. love_reading

love_reading Comrade

Aug 17, 2009

I love back to school...new beginnings and a good excuse to do some shopping and pampering! I got my hair done last week, have bought my "back to school outfit" and will get my manicure and pedicure this week...we go back Thursday. It makes me feel confident about starting a new year!

7. love_reading

love_reading Comrade

Aug 17, 2009

So does my hair (get huge when blown dry), so I wash and blow dry at night and then straighten it in the morning. I wash my hair every other day so the second day I really don't have to do much to it.

8. love_reading

love_reading Comrade

Aug 17, 2009

That's when a new haircut and cute new shoes come in! :)

9. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 17, 2009

Holliday, go out and buy a few things in the size you are now. Not a huge investment, but enough things that getting dressed in the morning won't add to your stress.

Your life has changed, and your body has changed. You have enough going on without trying to fit a post-baby body into a pre-baby wardrobe.

Put the baby into a stroller, and go get some clothes that mix and match and fit.

And congratulations on your newest addition!!!

10. holliday

holliday Comrade

Aug 17, 2009

Thanks! She is such a cutie - she's totally worth the extra pounds! Plus she makes a great fashion accessory, herself! LOL. Luckily, I think I should be able to drop the excess baggage fairly well. I'm up to 125 or so and I feel like I can do it.

But in the meantime, you are totally right - new haircut and new clothes are definitely in order.

11. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 17, 2009

Really long. haha. I had been growing it out for my wedding. It was almost to my waist. Which was way to long. I usually keep it just below my shoulder.

12. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 17, 2009

Congratulations Holliday. I agree with Alice. Go out and buy a few things to wear until you get back to your pre-baby weight.

13. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 17, 2009

I keep up on my nails and eyebrows all summer. I have a few gift cards left so I think I will go get a pedi and a massage:lol: Haircut is definitely on the must do list- probably next week...I went lighter blonde for the summer- I'll gradually ease into a darker blonde as the fall progresses. I like going with different shades of blonde each time so I end up with a more natural looking 'layered' blonde color... I did pick up some FABULOUS shoes a few weeks ago and I've been working on the 'guns' so I hope to have toned up arms for back to school:D
    I do always think people look great right after the summer- rested and relaxed! :woot:

14. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Aug 17, 2009

This is an idea I might need try since I'm growing my hair out. It takes forever to dry because it is so thick!

15. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Aug 18, 2009

I had my hair cut and highlighted this past weekend. It was my and DH's gift to myself for getting my job. :)

I plan on doing a little bit of clothing shopping, too, and may schedule a manicure if the budget allows. (One spa/salon offers a discount for teachers through Labor Day.)

16. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Aug 19, 2009

Question for the ladies (gents, if you know this answer I don't want to know how you know).

I went for a manicure last night. Usually the first step is the finger soak to soften up the cuticles before she pushes them back. Last night she just completely skipped the finger soak step. When she started pushing back the cuticles with that tool, it really hurt! Then when she put the primer on my nails it stung the cuts. Is this some new way of doing manicures, skipping the finger soak step?

17. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 19, 2009

I have never had the finger soak step.

18. hootie821

hootie821 Rookie

Aug 19, 2009

I don't get manicures on a regular basis, but the times I have had one, they have always done the finger soak.