Did Anyone "Pretty" Themselves for Back-to-School?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by TeacherSandra, Aug 15, 2009.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2009

:D

I got my hair cut earlier today; it feels so much lighter and nice.

I'm going to color my hair tonight.

What did you do?

3. krysmorgsu

krysmorgsu Cohort

Aug 15, 2009

Congrats! A new hair cut always makes me feel better!

I'm waiting for mine..I go back September 1st, so I'll schedule it for the week before.

4. Matt633

Matt633 Comrade

Aug 15, 2009

LOL I love you guys!! YES! Monday is 1st day of school and I got mine cut and highlighted....it feels great. Now I am going to get my eyebrows waxed and I am ready!

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 15, 2009

We're not back for a few more weeks, but I got my hair trimmed last week and made an appointment for colour and low-lights the first week on Septmenber.

6. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 15, 2009

I'm getting a pedicure next week! It's actually a present from the end of last school year, but I decided to save it until right before school started.

7. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Aug 15, 2009

I got my hair cut a couple of weeks ago before my family reunion. I did get a mani/pedi the day before we went back. I also had my eyebrows waxed.

8. lteach2

lteach2 Cohort

Aug 15, 2009

I got my hair cut today. Our first workday is on Tuesday. I'll be able to to afford a pedi/mani after pay day...which is the end of the first week of school.

9. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Aug 15, 2009

Eyebrows, and a pedicure. Plus a few new outfits!

10. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Aug 15, 2009

Depending on how bad my hair looks I either do it before I report back to work or I wait until the weekend before the kids come back.

11. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 15, 2009

I could use a trim and highlight, but I just didn't have time this week. I'm back full time on Monday, so it will have to wait. I did get some new clothes.

It's so hot here, it's hard to feel 'pretty'. I feel like I start sweating the second I step out of the shower. When the heat breaks, I'll feel a bit more put together. ;)

12. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Aug 15, 2009

Haircut this week and colored my hair today. I bought some new clothes, but it'll probably be too hot to wear some!!

13. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2009

eyebrows and a pedi last night. Usually get a hair cut, but my stylist was booked until next weekend, and I go back on Tuesday.
    Kim

14. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Aug 15, 2009

So funny. I just made an appointment as I was logging onto the computer! Talk about timing...

15. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Aug 15, 2009

I wanted a pedicure but school starts on Monday and I have no time.

16. bluebutterfly

bluebutterfly Rookie

Aug 15, 2009

Haircut, new clothes, new necklaces, and I do my own mani/pedi.

17. each1teach1

each1teach1 Cohort

Aug 15, 2009

I got my hair done in kinky twists and I got a few new outfits on sale, but we get paid 3 days after school starts so that's when I really get stocked up for the school year.

18. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 15, 2009

Not yet.

I'm still peeling-- blonde hair, blue eyes, and a week in Florida will do that to a girl.

School starts on 9/1, but that's the date of my next surgery. So I have at least 3 more weeks before I'm back to school.

19. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Aug 15, 2009

I have never paid for a hair cut and color and now that I moved 3,000 miles from my mom and sister I need to find someone to do my hair ....I was shocked when I saw the prices :eek: I will need a few more paychecks before I can afford the luxury of getting my hair done ..:( not used to this ! haha

20. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 15, 2009

I trimmed about 1/4th an inch off my hair because I want to grow it out a little more and then layer it a little, but I want it to look healthy. Additionally, I purchased new glasses, though I'll be wearing the new ones as well as my regular ones depending on outfits. I purchased about 10 new outfits as well, 4 new pairs of shoes, a new hairbrush, a nicer shampoo and conditioner, and new makeup. I am also going for an eyebrow waxing in the near future- Thursday is Open House, so I am thinking perhaps one of the afternoons before.

I did a lot for myself this year, but I regularly don't and I am VERY excited to be taking better care of myself for once.

21. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Aug 15, 2009

I'm still in college, but I'm going to get a haircut late this week, since school starts next week. I always like to get a fresh haircut before a new semester - it makes me feel like I'm recharged for the new term. I also bought a few new clothes, but nothing major.

22. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 16, 2009

I want to get a haircut also, but I don't get paid until the 2nd day of school! I can probably manage it-I only get mine trimmed, so it costs about $20.

23. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Aug 16, 2009

I have an appointment for a mani-pedi on Tuesday.

24. hootie821

hootie821 Rookie

Aug 16, 2009

Love this thread! I just start grad school this week toward my teacher certification and I'm still working as a nurse until I get done school....but I desperately need a new hairstyle. My hair is shoulder length but curly and thick and I blowdry it straight everyday. But with my busy schedule, I need something shorter and quick to style...if anyone has any cute hairstyles they would like to share on this thread, I'd love to see them to give me inspiration! :help:

25. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 16, 2009

Got my hair cut and a new outfit. A new outfit always makes me feel special. I hope the kiddos like me and I hope I make a good impression on parents!

26. caslan

caslan Rookie

Aug 16, 2009

I got a pedi, and a haircut and color, I've been tanning and have lost 11 lbs this summer... have been buying new clothes all summer. I'll be getting a manicure a few days after school starts, but most of these "improvements" are for my hubby who gets back from his deployment in just a few weeks! :)

27. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 16, 2009

I wish I lost 12 lbs. I think I found your 12. Please take them back.:( Time to work out and stop stress eating!!!!!!!!:blush:

28. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 16, 2009

I have curly hair too. I had hair past my shoulders and got it cut to just above my shoulders. My curl looks so much better now AND I got the Remington Wet to Dry straightner and it has cut out so much time when I want to straighten my hair - which is 90% of the time. I have a CHI straightner and I think this thing works better. Of course my CHI is two years old... My hair has long layers and I have long bangs. I love it!:)

29. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 16, 2009

I strongly believe that everyone should update their look every year, maybe two. I had my very long hair cut in layers, which I'll wear straight or curly throughout the year. My hair's been dyed for the past decade & I've tried a few various colors/highlights.

Everyone should especially have new clothes & shoes for each new scholol year. I always do! I LOVE to shop anyway, so shopping's not considered a chore for me like it is for some others.

30. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Aug 16, 2009

Something I just read said you should update your hair every season! At the least do a lighter color for summer & something darker for fall/winter.

31. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 16, 2009

I never update my hair. I had a really bad haircut when I was younger, so I'm scared to try anything else! I keep it long and it's curly so I can wear it curly or straight. My hair's auburn-I don't really see many people with the same hair color-I have never dyed it and I don't plan on doing it for a long time.

32. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 16, 2009

I got my hair cut and colored Friday, had a great massage Saturday and tomorrow I am getting my nails done and a pedicure. Teachers go back to school Tuesday.l

33. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2009

I feel your pain! Last year, I took the plunge. I took a picture of an actress with a great hairdo (shoulder length w/layers) and asked the beautician if she could do that for me. She said yes.
    It came out great! Of course, I can't blowdry worth anything, so I wash my hair at night and flat iron it in the morning.

I got over my anxiety and I'm really glad I did.
    You can do it too; just be sure and take a picture, a reasonable picture. :hugs:

34. heymiss

heymiss Comrade

Aug 16, 2009

I need to get my hair cut. It's very long, and I only have it trimmed an inch at the most, so I go to a beauty school to have it done. I was TERRIFIED the first time I went, but it worked out well and only cost $10. It sure beats paying $80 and leaving angry because the girl did what she wanted to do instead of what I asked her to do.

I'm going to book an appointment to do that probably next Saturday (school starts next Monday). I bought a TON of new clothes last week, so I'm all set on that. I do need to get my pants hemmed because they're too long and find some more cute, comfy flats.

35. Ms.EduGator

Ms.EduGator New Member

Aug 16, 2009

I have curly/wavy hair that is just above my shoulder with lots of layers and side swept bangs. I usually straighten my hair for school, but sometimes I let it do its thing. lol. Either way, I only spend 10 min or less on my hair, so I needed something low maintenance. I find that the layers keep my hair thinner and more manageable and my curls look so much nicer! I googled "curly medium hairstyles" and bought some short hairstyle magazines to find something that fit my face shape. :)

36. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 16, 2009

My problem is I don't like to take the time to actually do my hair. Lol. It either looks good or it doesn't, and then I'll pull it up. I'm not a morning person at all and I can't make myself get up earlier. I'm doing an internship with my principal this year, so my goal is to actually do my hair more often. I can't blowdry my hair either because my hair gets huge if I try to do it.

37. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Aug 16, 2009

Eyebrow appt for me tomorrow. They are really bad!

38. MathManTim

MathManTim Companion

Aug 16, 2009

I got a haircut last week. The suit has just been dry-cleaned, the shirt is pressed, and the black leather shoes are polished and shining like glass for tomorrow. I plan to look both professional and dashing. :D

I, um, decided I could probably pass on the pedicure for back-to-school. I'm sure you guys will understand. Not that it would necessarily do any of us any good; my school's dress code forbids all sandals and open-toed shoes for all staff.

G-minus 10 hours, 40 minutes

MathManTim

39. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Aug 16, 2009

I'm growing mine out. I started back in March, and it is finally about to my chin.

40. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Aug 16, 2009

You could still get a manicure, Tim. You don't have to wear gloves do you?

41. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 16, 2009

My husband kind of wants to get one. He hasn't yet, but I think he was a little jealous the last time I had one and talked about scheduling two of them together!