DFW Teachers Looking for a Job

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by SCTeachInTX, Jul 24, 2009.

1. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 24, 2009

:) Please check out the following websites. There are many districts that have new listings that just came out. Please make sure your applications are complete online. This could be why you are not getting interviews. Go back and make sure all your college info was uploaded correctly, your reference info has been returned, and that your teacher insight test has been registered. Any little thing can hold up your application. Check out the websites below and there are more jobs to be had out there. Do not give up yet. Your next call me be YOUR interview for your new teaching job.

https://jobs.garlandisd.net/ats/job...ID=00002592&APPLICANT_TYPE_ID=00000001Garland ISD

https://ats1.searchsoft.net/ats/job...OMPANY_ID=00005672&APPLICANT_TYPE_ID=00000001 Northwest ISD

http://www.pisd.edu/employment/jobs/index.shtml#professional Plano ISD has a few openings

https://www.searchsoft.net/ats/app_login?COMPANY_ID=00012139 Teacher’s Net DFW Area

Best of luck to all the lookers. I hope to see you celebrating soon!
    SCTeach:hugs:

3. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Comrade

Jul 24, 2009

I've applied at Garland ISD and will be making a run to the respected schools in that district that have those job openings, dropping off my resume and wearing some nice clothing, but not a suit or tie since that will turn up some eyebrows.

Perhaps I might be able to get a brief interview with a principal.

4. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 24, 2009

:):clap:Wishing you good luck! I hope it works out.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 25, 2009

How very kind of you to post those links!!

6. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Jul 25, 2009

Thanks for posting these. I wish I didn't live so far away from them. It would take me an hour to get to any of those on a decent day. I do have an application in with Region 11, mostly Mansfield, although I've added Everman and Kennedale. They're pretty far from me.

Region 10 has Teacher Jobnet. It is the most user friendly application for people going through ACP. I've applied to a few of the jobs on there, but I don't know if the schools get my application or not. There's no way that I've found that shows the jobs you've applied for, except the Login to apply and hitting the button. No other verification is given. To get to it, you google Region 10 Teacher Job Network.

7. dkjackson

dkjackson Companion

Jul 25, 2009

suzerich, thanks for posting about Region 10! I was going to individual districts through the TEA website and searching each district for jobs. That just made my life so much easier!!

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 25, 2009

Region 11 has the same thing for many of the districts in the area, though not all of the districts use the application system on the site, they do post their jobs there.

9. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 26, 2009

Please read STG's Comment carefully. If you see a job that you feel qualified for DO NOT ONLY apply on the Region Site also apply directly to the district. I know of one girl who went for an interview at the DO and they could find nothing on her because she had applied through Region 11. The only reason they even interviewed her is because she came from out of state. And she did not get the job... All the best. And DO try those sites. Keep checking them often because they do add new jobs and take some down all the time! You must apply to each job individually so don't think that because your app is in that you are in.

10. dkjackson

dkjackson Companion

Jul 26, 2009

SC, I noticed that while I was looking at the Region 10 Job Network site. If you open up the job description, most are good about telling you if you need to apply directly through the district, but it doesn't hurt to check the district website as well, just to be on the safe side. I actually ended up making a spreadsheet to easily see which ones I would need to go back and apply for through the district.

11. dkjackson

dkjackson Companion

Jul 26, 2009

I also noticed, by the way, after searching through the Region 10 Job Network site that if you go to the main site, https://www.teacherjobnet.org/, you can click to each region's main site. A lot of them seem to have a central job posting page where a lot (not all, but typically a lot) of the districts post their openings. Like STG and SCTeach have said, you probably have to apply at the district's site, but at least here you have a lot of the openings in each region all posted in one spot.

12. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Jul 26, 2009

Sometimes they're not current on there, so be sure to check the district's site.