DFW TEACHERS?? JOBS??

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by newbie0809, Jul 16, 2012.

1. newbie0809

newbie0809 Companion

Jul 16, 2012

ANYBODY that works for or knows of any school in the DFW area that is hiring please let me know. I am certified Generalist EC-4 w/ESL supplemental. I am currently in the process of going thru all the districts in the metroplex to make sure I have an updated application w/them. Then I will begin the process of emailing the principals at each school. This is 50+ districts I'm talking about. Now I do try to look at their openings as well and apply but usually a day later I get an email saying the position is filled. So I think they already had the position filled but are still required to post it. So if anyone knows of anything please let me know. I have had no luck in the past two years.

3. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 16, 2012

I'm at the opposite end of the state, but are you having any luck going through your region service center?

4. newbie0809

newbie0809 Companion

Jul 16, 2012

Not sure if I know what that is. Many of the districts are connected with the Region XI application where I basically just have one app on file for several districts and apply for openings as I see them.

5. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 16, 2012

Yes, region XI is your region service center. Are they having any job fairs?

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 17, 2012

Do that first. If you think you've applied to them all, I would go right to all those principals.

Here's how I would do it: go to each district's site, and cut and paste the list of schools onto a word document. Then go to each one's site, and cut and paste the name of the principal, along with his email address.

It's mid-July. Get your information into the hands of those principals today and tomorrow.

7. TXspedteach

TXspedteach Rookie

Jul 17, 2012

I am in DFW as well. Birdville, Carroll, Grapevine-Colleyville, Springtown, Irving, Dallas, Mansfield, Arlington and HEB ISD all have openings posted. Some have the school posted, some do not. Good luck!!

8. reddies88

reddies88 Rookie

Jul 17, 2012

I am in DFW also and literally applied to every single school district. I emailed principals in some, but got interviews and offers for 4 districts that I did not email. Just apply, apply, apply and don't give up!

9. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Jul 17, 2012

I'm in the DFW area. Previous posters have given good advice, don't give up keep going. I wasn't hired until August literally hours before open house. Don't count yourself out just yet!

10. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 17, 2012

11. kevmic28

kevmic28 Companion

Jul 17, 2012

Im in DFW and I can tell you its hard to get an interview. Even though there are tons posted online and I have applied to all of them that are within a reasonable driving distance from me. I have only had 4 interview in the last 6 months. I have one tomorrow. I keep running into the same problem. I am a first year teacher and they are looking for more experienced teachers.