Desks & Chairs that can be moved easily?

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by bholm83, Aug 21, 2018.

1. bholm83

bholm83 Rookie

Aug 21, 2018

Hi Everyone,

Our weight room in my middle school (that houses a bunch of fitness equipment including a squat rack, weights, med balls etc.) might be converted to a classroom. I'm doing some research on finding desks and chairs that can easily be moved to the side so I can still keep most of our equipment in there and still use as for our students. This obviously isn't a perfect solution but a lot of the equipment is mine that I spent with my own personal money so want to explore all options here. I know there are desks and chair that have wheels on them but not sure if any of you have used these options and how well they worked. Most likely not all the desk and chairs need to be moved daily (just the back few rows or pods (depending on desk set up)

any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 22, 2018

Node Desks are fabulous.

I would love a set for my classroom. I visited a hub school several years ago that had them.

4. bholm83

bholm83 Rookie

Aug 22, 2018

just saw those when researching. They look awesome but no way my school will pay for those. I can apply for a grant for them it looks like but looks like a long shot.

Ideally if node doesn’t work, any idea if you can put rollers on desks and chairs easily? Just anything that rolls would make everything easier...

5. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Aug 22, 2018

If the floor is a hard surface, basic stick-on felt pads on the bottom of each leg would be a cheap solution. I can’t imagine a classroom full of wheeled furniture!

6. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

Aug 22, 2018

I just googled this and it seems awesome!!! I wish I had some too.

7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 22, 2018

Don’t put rollers on regular desks. They aren’t designed for that and would be a safety issue. The good thing about the node desks is that when you are sitting in them, there is movement of the chair and desk, but not the whole thing. I’ve been thinking about a grant for them.

8. bholm83

bholm83 Rookie

Aug 22, 2018

yeah, I'm looking into a grant for those chairs as well. They are very expensive though, so not sure I can get that much money :(