desk nametags

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by shelly, Jun 5, 2003.

1. shelly

shelly New Member

Jun 5, 2003

I used to have a site where you could print out name tags for the desks that had the alphabet, numbers, colors, etc. My computer crashed and I don't have the site anymore. Does anyone have it or know what I'm talking about?
    Thanks.
    Shelly

3. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Jun 5, 2003

4. Lanie

Lanie Cohort

Jun 5, 2003

5. AngelaS

AngelaS Cohort

Jun 10, 2003

Just FYI, I used to buy those expensive nametags that had to be replaced mid-year because the kids always peel them up. Then I got smart and wrote their names on colored chart strips, two names per strip, cut in half, laminated. They are attractive and CHEAP and no more work than the store bought kind. The only disadvantage is that it would be too much work to put numbers, colors, etc. on them. I have tags with only names on them because we take soooo many tests and standardized assesments that I would have to be ripping them off every other week!:rolleyes:

6. Amanda

Jun 10, 2003

I do the same thing as Angela sometimes. I do usually buy one set of the fancy nametags at the beginning of the year and I laminate those before I tape them down. If they are laminated, they last almost all year if I want to retape them. If I don't, I give them the nametag to put in their supply tub or writing folder. Then, for their tables I have used plain cards, OR even easier... I write directly on light-colored contact paper and stick it to the table. The only disadvantage with contact paper is that there aren't any handwriting lines.

7. Margo

Margo Devotee

Jun 10, 2003

The easiest and cheapest yet, if you don't plan on moving seats too often, is too write their name directly on the table. Even permanent marker comes right off when needed. But, like Amanda mentioned, there are no handwriting lines to use as a model.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Jun 12, 2003

I just buy the expesive ones in the store....and as they go, they go.....this year the kids got to about october with them....and if they dont know where to sit by then..., well I guess I have a whole other thing to worry about!

9. Amanda

Jun 12, 2003

Lanie has created a bunch of printable nameplates for everyone to use. I'll be putting them online very soon... Watch for updates. :D

10. Amanda

Jun 12, 2003

11. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jun 12, 2003

Lanie!

OH HOW CUTE!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM!! They are so adorable! Where did you get the graphics?? I use printmaster gold for the mini-certificates. I can't find my print shop. I need to get a new one.

Lori

12. Amanda

Jun 12, 2003

She used Print Artist :)

13. Lanie

Lanie Cohort

Jun 13, 2003

Thanks Lori! They were really fun to make. I know Amanda already told you, but I use Print Artist for absolutely everything. It is so easy to use! I love using digital camera pictures to create fun things with it as well.

14. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jun 13, 2003

I have a digital camera, too. I'm going to try to start using it more in my classroom. What kind of things do you make with your digital pictures?

Lori

15. Lanie

Lanie Cohort

Jun 13, 2003

I use it to make picture labels with pictures of kids, family members, etc. I also make posters, cards, invitations, decorations. For example, for my end of year bulletin board in the hallway, my title was "You make me 'dog' gone proud" and I put each child's picture on a dog bone. I had used a stamp on an overhead to create a cute dalmation puppy for the center of the board. I have also used pictures for thematic units, like taking pictures on the zoo field trip and making a poster to display and a thank you card to send to the zoo. I also love using digital pictures of the classroom, trips, extra special work, etc. to add to newsletters. I think it makes a child's experience more real for parents who can't make it to many of the school functions. The list goes on and on! How did we ever survive without all of this great technology?!

By the way, I bought Print Artist on ebay for $8 (shipping included). I don't know if you ever buy anything on ebay, but I got a great deal on the newest version!

16. shelly

shelly New Member

Jun 16, 2003

17. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jun 16, 2003

Why in the world do you have to move rooms so often??? I'd go nuts! I feel sorry for teachers that have to move yearly for whatever reason.

Lori

18. shelly

shelly New Member

Jun 16, 2003

We are year round. We are on-track (in school) for 3 months and off for one. There are 4 tracks. Each 1st grade teacher has a different track so each teacher is off at different times. there are 4 teacher and only 3 rooms (this is just in our grade level but the same thing happens for other grade levels). That means whenever one teacher goes off track, he/she moves out of the room and the teacher coming back moves in. Then when the next teacher goes off track that teacher moves to that room and the other teacher moves back to his/her room. It's hard to explain. This is our districts solution to overcrowding so they don't have to build more schools! Politicians are brilliant, aren't they???:rolleyes:
    shelly

19. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jun 16, 2003

i buy the tented nametags and cut them in half. i laminate them after i write the child's name. since i teach kindergarten i send one nametage home so they can practice seeing and writing their names in upper and lowercase letters. after a month in school i take their nametags off their tables and leave them in their cubbie incase they need them.

20. Shilo

Shilo Rookie

Jul 21, 2003

Lanie, would it be possible for you to create a bear themed name tag?
    Thanks!

21. Lanie

Lanie Cohort

Jul 21, 2003

Absolutely! Do you want anything on it other than bears? Also, what colors would you prefer? Send me a private message with your e-mail address and I can e-mail it to you as a MS Word document and you can make whatever changes you want (if you have a PC).

22. Lanie

Lanie Cohort

Jul 21, 2003

Shilo, I have the name plates done for you. Send me an e-mail and I will attach them for you.