Describe Your Perfect Day!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 15, 2022

Hi guys, hope everyone's doing well these days! Describe your PERFECT DAY (or a few) in as much or as little detail as you want. (Forget that it's COVID these days.) :D

Here's some ideas of what to possibly mention:
    - weather/temp
    - season/time of year - I love fall/winter & Christmastime
    - certain holiday time
    - foods involved
    - activities
    - people you're with or not
    In no certain order...

Scenario #1
    It's raining & I'm cozy at home curled up, watching TV & movies all day enjoying food from my favorite Chinese restaurant. My beverage of choice is maybe a good quality cream soda (I rarely drink soda), ginger ale, or iced green tea. Towards the evening, I'm sipping on some chammomile tea or hot chocolate & eating a lemon bar dessert, which I rarely eat. A nice scent of essential oils is diffusing.

Scenario #2
    ANY time I get to spend w/ my Mom...doesn't matter what we're doing! She loves cooler weather as I do. We love strolling a nice, spacious mall, doing a little shopping, & enjoying a frozen yogurt. I'm wearing a nice bright-colored, chunky, turtleneck sweater w/ jeans, ankle boots, & one of my nice leather bags.

Scenario #3
    It's a cool day at 70-75 degrees. I'm at Disneyland (or Knott's Berry Farm) at opening time. It's not crowded & we're just enjoying rides, strolling around for several hrs. We come home tired, yet happy.

Scenario #4
    I have a newer one these days. Biking along a great trail where I don't have to cross any streets...so far at the beach is so far the best!

Tired Teacher likes this.
  3. whizkid

whizkid Connoisseur

Sep 15, 2022

Any day not at work!

Ms. I and Tired Teacher like this.
  4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 15, 2022

Ha, I know what you mean, true too!

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 16, 2022

YUP YUP TRIPLE YUP

Ms. I likes this.
  6. whizkid

whizkid Connoisseur

Sep 16, 2022

No b****, sh** and f*** and "what my mama gonna do when she gets here" for me today! Enjoying my day off!

Ms. I likes this.
  7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 16, 2022

I enjoy quite a variety of different situations.

OPTION 1
    • low humidity
    • temps 70-80 degrees
    • on boat on river or lake
    OPTION 2
    • sleep late
    • lounge around the house
    • cook supper with DH
    • watch TV
    • read a book
    OPTION 3
    • supper at a nice restaurant
    • concert
    OPTION 4
    • breakfast with friends
    • shopping
    • finding good bargains

Ms. I likes this.
  8. LaFish

LaFish Rookie

Sep 29, 2022

To dream about my perfect day:

Option 1:
    at the beach
    reading a fantastic book
    drink in hand
    family and friends nearby

Option 2
    At home
    Laughing and enjoying family
    Hubby is doing all the grilling

Ms. I likes this.
  9. Tutulson

Tutulson Rookie

Oct 2, 2022

Doing nothing would be a perfect day for me. I can't even remember when I had a such day last time. I would love to watch movies and play games all day long. By the way, I started playing word games recently and can play them for hours. Any players here? This website https://word-finder.com/ helps to find word hints. It's very helpful sometimes.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    Ms. I likes this.
  10. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Connoisseur

Oct 26, 2022

A fun day for me would be to be in about 75 degree weather in Hawaii. ( It is cold here now,) I'd love to be able to swim with the dolphins without a time limit. It'd be a fun trip with my son and d-in-law and a couple of good friends. It's one activity we all really enjoy. One of my favorite foods there are Thai lettuce wraps. I love the Dole whippy ice too. Since Covid, I have gotten back to normal life with 1 exception. I do not want to get on a plane. Hopefully, I'll get passed that at some point. Everyone in my family flies again now except me. I just can't help thinking about breathing a plane full of people's germs now. I know I did it for years and never even thought about it. I have had company fly up here and stay a lot during the summer. Common sense tells me that I am exposed to all of the germs they were on the plane too, but it is just different for some reason.

Ms. I likes this.
  11. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 27, 2022

I have flown since covid, and it felt way less germy than I expected. Masking was required in the airports and on the planes. We flew Southwest, and we were in airports in Cincinnati, Chicago, Denver, Las Vegas, and San Antonio. We also took Lyft everywhere else we went.

The thing that makes me nervous is cruise ships. They feel sketchy to me during times of no pandemic. We are going to Alaska with a group of friends. We are going to try to keep to ourselves as much as possible.

Ms. I and Tired Teacher like this.
  12. Tired Teacher

Oct 28, 2022

Yeah, I should have mentioned cruise ships are out for me too now. The good news is my family feels the same way. I have passed up 2 trips since Covid because I can't get back into flying. Are you taking a cruise ship to Alaska, flying, or driving? It is easy to keep your space in Alaska. :) I hope you have a great time!

Ms. I likes this.
  13. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 28, 2022

We will be flying from Kentucky to Seattle, then boarding the cruise for Alaska. We did choose to fly first class so we aren’t sitting with a stranger all the way across the country.

Ms. I likes this.
  14. Tired Teacher

Oct 29, 2022

1st class is a good idea. Most people I know who did the Alaska cruise told me it was beautiful. Others were disappointed because it was not as fancy as other cruises. I hope you like the scenery!!! :) The closest I ever came to an Alaskan cruise...lol was I took a ferry once from Seattle. It was fun, but definitely the ferry was not luxury. :)

Ms. I likes this.
  15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 31, 2022

Great reads, guys! :)

I'm afraid I'll never go on another cruise again, so it's a good thing I've gone on a few & know how it feels. I wish I got to go on a cruise w/ fiance'. He's never been on one & we would have had fun. Sadly, probably no more musicals, pro tennis matches, etc. either...not the way they cram you in like sardines in those venues!

Flights, I'll have to see. I know I'd pay extra to sit in roomier first class from now on. My Mom surprisingly feels much better about flights than cruises. I'd think a plane would feel worse being in crammed into the compartment.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  16. Tired Teacher

Nov 3, 2022

I am not sure how people feel comfy on flights now. Last time I flew was right before Covid. A very large man sat next to me in 1st class. He had 2 twin girls about 1 yr old on his lap. His wife was across the aisle and IDK why she did not take 1. They were cute as all get out and were all over me. I was like their jungle gym. lol It was OK though because they were not screaming.....just exploring! Anyways, I had no "private space." I have a few relatives who think like your mom. I just don't "get it." I'd prefer the cruise because at least you could breath some fresh air. For now though, I'd pass on both! :)

Ms. I likes this.
  17. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Nov 3, 2022

Waking up not feeling sleepy and tired.

Ms. I likes this.
  18. viola_x_wittrockiana

viola_x_wittrockiana Comrade

Nov 3, 2022

YES. Throw in not in pain and we're off to the races. I'm not a morning person to begin with, but I've had a lot of sinus issues for the last month-ish that are making me not breathe so well, so I'm not getting quality sleep. My schedule this year has been kicking my butt (not just me, the other specials teachers are feeling run-down too) and something hurts when I wake up pretty much every day.

Ms. I likes this.
  19. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 5, 2022

I'd hate that the whole flight. I know how crammed people are, so I wouldn't even consider a flight unless I went 1st class these days where it's roomier!

Oh no, I hope things get better for you!

20. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Nov 5, 2022

Perfect day = work (with no hassles from parents), eat, exercise, outdoor activity. Really simple for me.

Ms. I likes this.
  21. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Nov 7, 2022

For real. My left side hates me. Arm, leg, hip, everything. LOL

22. happymangle

happymangle Rookie

Nov 9, 2022

I wake up in the morning and don't have to go to work... Stay half day long in my bed.
    In the evening i can go to a cocktail party and chat to couple of friends. But of i think about that more, i realize i already had my perfect days - my wedding day couple of year ago. My wife had a gorgeous Princessly dress and looked stunning in it. It was a very warm day with our family, close friends and tons of surprises.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    Ms. I likes this.
  23. North Fork

North Fork Rookie

Nov 16, 2022

Perfect day?

- Halloween Day
    - Nice, warm weather
    - A lot of yard haunts/displays
    - A lot of trick-or-treaters

Ms. I likes this.