Describe a time you went above and beyond.

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by tinafirstgrade, Mar 18, 2007.

1. tinafirstgrade

tinafirstgrade Rookie

Mar 18, 2007

Please help me with this question. I am a student teacher going on my first interview tomarrow. I am having difficulty answering this. What are they looking for? Can it be as simple as seeing a child in need and meeting their academic need? Can someone give me an example of something they would say so I have some basis? Thank you!

3. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Mar 18, 2007

Where did you get this question from?

I'm not sure how I would answer. I might say that I one of my students asked me to grow my hair for locks for love. So I did, than let him cut it and mailed it in with his name on it. So he received the little paper thing. He was so happy.

Or maybe about starting a snow shoe club to help build self confidence in child that had low self esteem because of learning disabilities.

Or about tutoring..........

4. ctopher

ctopher Comrade

Mar 18, 2007

I think JaimeMarie just gave excellent examples!

If you haven't had your own classroom yet you might have to find other areas that you went above and beyond like in a club, class, etc.

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 19, 2007

This isn't above and beyond-it's the job of a teacher. Perhaps, however, the way you met those needs could be considered "above and beyond"--like starting a breakfast club so that kids could get extra help with their homework from the night before and also get a nutritious breakfast. Maybe you have attended a student's recital or game because you knew that their parents were out of town and they would have no one there to cheer them on.