Denver, CO Teachers

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Katy514, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Katy514

Katy514 New Member

Oct 20, 2009

Hey there,

I am looking at moving to Denver next year and was wondering what the job market was like out there. I currently live in Dayton, OH and it is nearly impossible to land a job here. I have looked online at Denver Public and see many jobs available, but would like to hear the reality.

Thanks

Katrina

3. Major

Major Connoisseur

Oct 23, 2009

The Denver Public Schools have somewhat of a poor reputation. Having said that I'm sure it would be "relatively" easy to get a teaching position there..... Good luck......

4. Major

Major Connoisseur

Oct 23, 2009

How did you happen to pick Denver?

5. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Oct 23, 2009

I don't know how hard it is to get a job in DPS, but keep your options open. Aurora Public Schools, Cherry Creek PS, Douglas County PS, Mapleton PS. Those are all school districts relatively near Denver. My uncle has taught in DPS for 25 years and doesn't have a lot to say about it. There is also a wide range of schools in DPS, Major. Some of the highest performing schools are in Colorado and some of the best teachers are teach in those schools.

6. myloveasdeep

myloveasdeep Rookie

Mar 18, 2010

As of March 2010, there have been massive budget cuts here and hundreds of teachers have been laid off. Denver is not the place to look for a teaching job at the moment.