Dental programs

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by txmomteacher2, Jan 19, 2015.

1. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Jan 19, 2015

i had an issue come up today that got my brain thinking. When I was a kid we got a toothbrush, toothpaste and one of those nasty pink things during dental health week month or whatever it was. We don't have anything like that at my school, so was wondering if yours does and what program is it? Would really like to have something.

Also do any of you keep toothbrushes and toothpaste in your classroom for your students. I know I know its one more thing parents should be doing BUT after this mornings issues I am thinking about doing something like this. Maybe getting a dentist to donate.

Thoughts?????

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 19, 2015

I am pretty sure that Colgate has a program for teachers where you can request a class set of toothbrushes and activity booklets regarding oral health. Their website probably has some information or a contact button.

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jan 19, 2015

I request the Colgate materials every year. It's more for lower grades but you can do lots of activities also with older kids. I'm sure there are resources out there.

5. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015

I'm pretty sure when I was a kid it was a local pediatric dentist that came and did stuff like that at my school.