Demo Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by roseteacher12, May 20, 2010.

1. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

May 20, 2010

and I'm still sitting here at 11:15 pm getting everything figured out/together. I was wondering, anyone familiar with first grade out there, would including a Dr. Jean song be too babysish? it is basically clapping your hands to the syllables in words because my lesson is on syllables. I use songs to teach A LOT so I feel that including a song in my lesson is accurate of my teaching style. However, I'm wondering how the students might react to it. do first graders tend to like to sing? lol

3. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 20, 2010

Not baby-ish at all for that grade level! The first grade class that I subbed for today had about five Dr. Jean songs to sing during calendar time. They loved singing the songs.

Good luck tomorrow!

4. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

May 20, 2010

whew! ok I feel like I've been in K for so long now that sometimes I forget how different it is from other grade levels and I wanted to make sure I wasn't going in the wrong direction!

5. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

May 20, 2010

oh good. an essential art of my lesson is NOT working out right now. this is what one day of preparation does for you! ahhhhhhhh

6. teacherfan

teacherfan Cohort

May 20, 2010

First graders are closer to kinders than second graders (in my opinion), I think they will love it!

7. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

May 21, 2010

I agree that they would love it! When I was in my first grade classroom, I played songs all the time :)

8. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

May 21, 2010

the song went over well! there were motions to do and the kids were really into it! yay! the demo itself was pretty good i think! it's so hard to tell when you're actually doing it lol i would say i had a hard time keeping their attention focused on me without specific strategies like the echo clapping etc. i tried to use very generic eyes on me and freeze type stuff. i should find out next week and i am hoping with every bone in my body that I get this job!!!!