Demo Lesson

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MissB123, Jul 7, 2019.

1. MissB123

MissB123 Rookie

Jul 7, 2019

I want to apply as an internal applicant. Do they ever make internal applicants do demo lessons?

Has anyone ever had an internal interview? is it similar to an external interview?

3. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Jul 7, 2019

I have been on three internal interviews. They were always similar to the external interviews. Two of the times I was up against only internal candidates, and one time I was competing against internal and external candidates. I have never had to do a demo lesson as an internal candidate, but external candidates were not asked to do one either. I imagine that, if external candidates had been required to do one, I would have too.

4. mathteachertobe

mathteachertobe Cohort

Jul 7, 2019

I have also been on three internal interviews. I think internal and external applicants are treated the same in my district. At one site, it was just a single interview. Another, there was an initial interview by phone, a pre-interview visit, then an interview. The third, there was an interview, which was going to be followed by a demo/observation, but I accepted a different offer first, so I didn't follow through. The first two both offered me jobs. This was a far cry from my initial job search almost ten years ago. Then I was an older (>50) career-changer and it took 25 interviews to finally get a tenure-track gig. I got a 1-year position after 14 interviews, then a year later it took another 11 interviews to land my last position.