Demo Lesson for 4th or 5th grade HELP

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by mary2122, Jun 13, 2012.

1. mary2122

mary2122 Rookie

Jun 13, 2012

Hey everyone. I graduated from college in 2009 and the job market in NY has been so bad that I have no received an interview since...UNTIL NOW. I have an interview and I know a demo lesson is the next step if I do well in the interview. I am very nervous since I did not plan a lesson in 3 years. I am confident in my abilities since I have been in the schools as a substitute since then but this is what I need help in....

The demo lesson will be for 4th or 5th grade...if they hire me they will place me where they think I will fit best. And it is at the end of the year. Any ideas of some topics? The school is big on character growth and teaching children ideas that they can apply in the real world as well. Ideas...demo lesson experiences are welcome! Thank you!

3. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Jun 13, 2012

I would caution you to relax until you get the demo. They usually interview quite a few people so there is not guarantee they will offer you a demo. In the mean time, pick one that you thought went very well during student teaching and use that if you get called. Also, sometimes they specify topic, etc so coming up with one early maybe a waste of time.

4. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jun 13, 2012

Right now, focus on practicing interview questions. There are many on this site that can help you. Face the demo if and when it comes. Your time is better spent right now practicing for the interview.