DeKalb/Gwinnett/Clayton

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by jwilso22, Jul 25, 2013.

1. jwilso22

jwilso22 Rookie

Jul 25, 2013

So I've been trying to narrow down places to relocate to from MI. It was between NV and NC, but I have crossed out NC due to the pay. I'm now thinking about GA, and I have applied and received my GA certification.

Does anyone working in one of these counties know if they hire out of state candidates or have any knowledge about any of those counties and their hiring needs. I've applied on their websites but haven't got any calls, the next thing I'm going to do is email principals.

3. bridgetbordeaux

bridgetbordeaux Companion

Jul 25, 2013

I have been trying to get a job in Gwinnett for 2 years now. If you have experience, that will help but you really need to know someone to get your foot in the door here. Good Luck!

4. Mr.history

Mr.history Cohort

Jul 25, 2013

I agree with bridgetbordeaux. To get an elementary job in those counties you listed is going to be pretty tough. My advice is look in the counties further south of atlanta. They will be rural but they get a lot less applications for each job opening.

5. jwilso22

jwilso22 Rookie

Jul 25, 2013

Thanks, what counties would those be?

6. Mr.history

Mr.history Cohort

Jul 25, 2013

Most counties post their jobs here: http://www.teachgeorgia.org

Fill out the app there and apply to every job you can. Some districts will have their own application but it will still usually be posted there.

Then I would Google counties Georgia and start searching for their school board website. Anything that is about an hour south of Atlanta will be easier to find a job. However the further south the more rural it is. When I was looking I usually got an interview in those areas for every job I applied.

7. jwilso22

jwilso22 Rookie

Jul 25, 2013

Thanks I've been looking on Teachgeorgia.org.

8. Mr.history

Mr.history Cohort

Jul 25, 2013

I looked at the available jobs for elementary. All of the counties listed would be good ones to focus on. The only really big area posted is marietta city, but I would apply there anyway.

Good luck!

9. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 25, 2013

Good luck in your job search jwilso22! I taught in Gwinnett County for 3 years and then moved back home. I loved my years working there and really didn't realize how good I had it until I left.