Day 2 of testing and I'm tired of it already!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Exclaimation Po, May 5, 2009.

1. Exclaimation Po

Exclaimation Po Habitué

May 5, 2009

1. The kids are beyond squirrley. :woot:

2. The schedule has students coming into the room at different times of the day than they're used to. :unsure:

3. I can't teach my subjects, so I'm doing other things (reading a novel and doing a current event project). Evidently I'm the only teacher "teaching". Supposedly all the other teachers are showing movies. Thanks a lot! :mad:

4. The schedule is really hard to deal with. I have to spend 2.5 hours a day with the same class for testing. We get to do this for 4 days then I get another class for 2.5 hours a day. Yay. AND we have this "skill builder" class. Normally, it's 45 minutes twice a week. During testing, it's every day. :dizzy:

5. I just realized that I have one hour of sick time left. :eek:

3. fuzed_fizzion

fuzed_fizzion Comrade

May 6, 2009

I hear what you are saying about testing! I am on Day 3 of 10. I have to pull students who have not passed for the whole school and test them. While my classes are covered by a sub. I feel bad for disrupting classes like yours, but this is a necessary evil.

On the plus side, you are half-way done with this schedule!

4. Exclaimation Po

Exclaimation Po Habitué

May 6, 2009

Actually.... our testing is for 12 days. I have 3 core classes (social studies and language arts). Each class is being tested in both subjects, two days each. So, thursday I will be 1/3 done!

*yawn*

5. orangepurple

orangepurple Companion

May 7, 2009

I have only one day of testing left!!!!

It is making me crazy. Tomorrow we will have just over two hours of testing, then those same kids for the next class period. And I have to say, I don't love them by the end of it. Then all of our classes are about half an hour long, we (and the cranky kids) go to lunch an hour late, the kids throw fits if you don't show them a movie--and a movie they like! I hate showing movies! There are always a couple of kids who don't like the movie, who want to talk, who talk louder and louder until they're saying something completely rude and inappropriate at full volume--I don't know how to do it right! Give me a regular teaching schedule any day.

And if the kids aren't going to do anything the rest of the day, can't we just send them home? I wish we could do two sets of testing a day, and then send them home, and be done in half the time. Because this idea that the rest of the day they will go to every single class for half an hour and whine about why they aren't just watching a movie drives me nuts.

OK, that was a crazy person rant. Thanks for letting me vent!

6. jillybean

jillybean Comrade

May 7, 2009

We had the OAT's for 2 weeks and now the NWEA. The kids are done! I hate all this testing!