Date Night ideas!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Feb 2, 2009.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Feb 2, 2009

I know we live across the U.S but let's share some fun date night ideas that can be done anywhere while staying appropriate of course. :whistle:

What's a typical fun date day or night like for you? It doesn't have to be called a date of course!

For us if the weather is nice we keep it simple like getting take out and eating at a new park or sometimes going to a new area of town and just wander.

We don't have a set day during the week, just whenever we have time which is usually on the weekends.

3. K1teach

K1teach Companion

Feb 2, 2009

Our favorite thing to do right now is to play a game or two of Mario Party on our Wii on Saturday nights. It is lots of fun and is better than each of us reading our own books or watching a tv show quietly! Sometimes we have friends down and other times it is just me and my husband. Either way, it is a cheap and fun.

4. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Feb 2, 2009

We hike when it is warm. Up the/a mountain, eat lunch, then back down.
    In the winter we do movies and something special for dinner.
    Sometimes a theater movie but not often. We'll even wander the mall and get starbucks as a date.

5. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Feb 2, 2009

Mini-golfing, movies, dinner, cooking together, bowling, ice skating. Sometimes we save our errands at night and do some shopping together. We are going to start playing tennis too.

6. elizak83

elizak83 Companion

Feb 2, 2009

I like going to new comedy clubs..it can be fun:)

7. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2009

Well, we like the old stand by - going out to dinner. We are both foodies so we really enjoy trying new restaurants, food, and cuisines.

To save money in the summer, sometimes we will skip the going out and pack a picnic lunch and do that instead. That is one of my favorites, actually. We will take along a frisbee or bocce and just play outside for awhile.

We also just like exploring little hometown places. One time, we went to a Watch and Clock Museum in his town. And it was actually really interesting! We have gone to the Yuengling Brewery, mini-golf, road trip to Philly for cheesesteaks...

Typically though, we just spend the evenings snuggling and watching tv. I don't know if that counts as a date, but I like it.

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 2, 2009

- All day at an amusement park!

- Dinner & movie

- A nice evening at home of having takeout & DVDs

- An all-day trip to a city we don't frequent that often, but LOVE!

- I'm glad my BF likes walking around the malls w/ me!

- Once, my BF & I flew to Vegas for the day. We left that morning & spent the whole day on the strip. We rented a car, ate at a breakfast buffet, skipped lunch, & ate a buffet dinner, went to Maddame Tussaud's (sp?) Wax Museum, & ended the night w/ a David Copperfield show, & flew back that night!

When's the last time anyone's gone to the zoo? It's nice to go every few yrs.

9. ifightaliens

ifightaliens Rookie

Feb 3, 2009

Man, I miss my ex. We broke it off because she moved for college and the whole long distance thing is just a no go.

We used to do dinner and a movie (either going out or getting takeout and a rental), find wacky recipes and cook them, go for walks/picnics in the park, go to concerts, or take trips into the city for museums and such.

Sigh... :(

10. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Feb 3, 2009

I go every summer but I have to say it would be nice to go with out 80 kids ! :lol:

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 4, 2009

Wow, that's a lot of heads to keep track of! :dizzy: Hopefully, you've had quite a few other adults to help supervise.