Dallas suburbs

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ValinFW, Sep 20, 2008.

1. ValinFW

ValinFW Comrade

Sep 20, 2008

Does anyone know anything about Frisco or Allen ISD? Hubby is graduating in December (HR, not education). He had an interview with Target Thursday, and we think it might be for a position in Allen. I really do NOT want to change districts, but I can't ask him to drive from Ft. Worth to Allen every day, so I'm starting to look at my options. We could move somewhere in the middle, and both of us could commute, too.

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 20, 2008

There's the HEB area or Carrollton/Farmers Branch area. Both area I've heard are nice.

4. ValinFW

ValinFW Comrade

Sep 20, 2008

STG~I'm in Birdville now, so HEB won't make much of a difference. CFB is an option. So is Lewisville. My sister taught in McKinney for a year. She did not have a good experience there, but everyone's different. She's not even teaching anymore, so...

I'm probably jumping the gun on this anyway. This was his first interview!

5. smalltowngal

Sep 20, 2008

Are you looking to change districts as well? or is this just a move so that you can stay in Birdville?

I have a friend that teaches in Lewisville and seems to like it. My CT moved to CFB and didn't have a good experience there. I'm not sure if she's still teaching or not.

6. ValinFW

ValinFW Comrade

Sep 20, 2008

If I don't have to change districts, I don't want to. I hate, hate, hate interviewing and moving! Plus, I love my job! DH is getting his degree in human resources. If he gets a job that's too far away from where we are now, we'll be moving. I don't mind commuting, but I don't want to drive more than 25 miles one way. I'm very spoiled now-I'm less than 2 miles from school! I taught in Lewisville for three years and loved it. The main reason I changed districts was because we lived in BISD, and I wanted to be on the same calendar as DD. I looked at the Allen and Frisco websites earlier. I would take a paycut in Frisco, but not much. Allen is pretty much even with what I make now.
    Like I said, this was just his first interview, so I'm not holding my breath. He doesn't even get his degree until December, so I'm really trying not to get my hopes up. It sure will be nice to have two incomes again, though!

7. smalltowngal

Sep 20, 2008

Well good luck to your husband!! Hopefully he can find a job closer to home. I know I can't wait to start working!

8. kinderkc

kinderkc Companion

Sep 21, 2008

Im in the frisco, allen, plano, and mckiney area. I love being in this area. There is alot of stuff to do, see and you dont have to drive too far. Good luck though!