Dallas Job Fair this Saturday!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by OtterMom, Jul 26, 2007.

1. OtterMom

OtterMom Comrade

Jul 26, 2007

For any "lookers" who might be interested:

Certified teacher job fair scheduled on July 28 at Fair Park

Teachers: Join Dallas ISD now and be part of the Dallas Achieves! transformation

With the goals of becoming a premier urban school district and winning the Broad Prize, Dallas ISD will hire the best and brightest teachers in all areas of certification at its last job fair of the 2006-2007 school year on July 28 at Fair Park.

On the table are competitive salaries, bonuses, and students eager to learn.

Competitive Salary: $43,500–$68,887
    $6,000 incentive to teach in high-needs schools–core subject areas only
    $4,000 stipend for bilingual certified teachers
    $2,500 stipend for secondary math and science teachers
    $1,000 signing bonus for teachers who qualify
    When: Saturday, July 28, 2007
    Location: Automobile Building at Fair Park, 1010 First Ave., Dallas, TX 75210
    Time: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.

Bring the following:

Certified teachers: resumé, copy of official transcripts, and copy of valid Texas teaching certificate

Alternative Certification Intern Candidates: resumé, and copy of a valid probationary certificate or the Letter of Acceptance from an AC Program, and

Elementary Level Candidates: proof of passing content exam
    Secondary Level Candidates: proof of passing content exam or official transcripts indicating 24 hours of coursework in the content area with 12 of those hours being upper level
    Out-of-state certified teachers: resumé, copy of a valid out-of-state teaching certificate, and proof of completion of the State Board of Educator Certification’s (SBEC) out-of-state certification process. For more information on the process, log on to the SBEC website at www.sbec.state.tx.us or call (888) 863-5880.

For more information about the job fair, contact Tony Munoz, Coordinator for Strategic Recruitment Initiatives, at tmunoz@dallasisd.org or (972) 925-5531.

3. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2007

Did you go? How was it? Best of luck to you!

4. Lyquidphyre

Lyquidphyre Comrade

Jul 29, 2007

I thought about going but I had graduate exams to take.

There is a reason for the bonus and stipend to work in Dallas... it is my last resort if I don't find a job elsewhere