Daily/Weekly Behavior Chart

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by woobie5, Aug 18, 2009.

1. woobie5

woobie5 Comrade

Aug 18, 2009

I am going to start having a behavior chart in my student folders. I will put a smiley face, or sad face etc for their behavior for the day. The chart is Monday - Friday.

I was thinking about just laminating the charts and then using a vis-a-vis and wiping it off at the end of each week rather than having to tape a new chart in the folder each week. Help me think this through ... is that a bad idea? Or should I just print a new chart off each week? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! SOMETIMES I HAVE A HARD TIME THINKING FULL CIRCLE LOL!

3. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Aug 18, 2009

I make a monthly behavior calendar, but I monitor their behavior week-by-week...I hope that makes sense. I think using a vis-a-vis marker would wipe off to easily, but I could be wrong...

4. woobie5

woobie5 Comrade

Aug 18, 2009

That's what I was thinking too. Hmmmmmm ....

5. spunkyteacher

spunkyteacher Rookie

Aug 18, 2009

It is a good idea but like the pp said, I think it would wipe off too easily! I just print off of a bunch and they get new ones each week..the calendar is a good idea though. You wouldn't waste as much paper.

6. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Aug 18, 2009

I use a monthly calendar. I would be afraid the vis-a-vis would wipe off, but could you still laminate it but use colored sharpies and use hairspray or "Magic eraser" to clean them off each week. I don't know if this will work, but it is a thought.

7. tiffharmon2001

tiffharmon2001 Comrade

Aug 18, 2009

I would make a new sheet each week. The main reason is that I would keep them as documentation. That way, if there is a child that is havning a problem, you can use the charts to show how often, what time of day, etc. I would make notes on it as well, if a child was to get a "sad face" as to why and what the consequence was. Then, you can show parents, principal, etc all the things that you have already tried and they can help you think of other interventions to help the child succeed.

8. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Aug 18, 2009

Nailpolish remover works too!

9. woobie5

woobie5 Comrade

Aug 18, 2009

Ok ... yep ... you confirmed it. I was thinking that too! THANKS.:thumb:

10. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Aug 18, 2009

We make a nine-week behavior chart. Our grading period is nine weeks and it works well at report card time - we just look in their folder and it's all there. We have a code - like a 1 would correspond with report card behavior expectation number 1. 2 would correspond with report card behavior expectation number 2 and so on. The key is on the chart for parents to look at. At report card time, there are no surprises because it is marked daily and exactly what behavior.