Daily Schedule

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Doublescoop, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Doublescoop

Doublescoop Companion

Aug 6, 2005

Last year I posted a daily schedule which was a blessing because it essentially eliminated the "What are we doing nows?" and the "When do we have phys. ed.s?" or "When is it home/lunch/recess times?" I used little cards that I stickytacked to the chalkboard but I'd like to know how other teachers post their schedule for the day.

3. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 6, 2005

I laminate my cards and place magnetic tape on the back. They work nicely.

4. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 6, 2005

I just write mine on a section of the chalkboard. When we started doing cursive handwriting last year, I wrote the schedule in cursive to help them learn how to read the handwriting. It worked well for me.

5. teacher62604

teacher62604 Companion

Aug 6, 2005

I use magnets for the subject (such as art, gym, etc.) and then just write the "time" with chalk each day. This worked extremely well.

[​IMG]

6. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 6, 2005

I use a weekly calendar poster that I trimmed up a bit and put the period numbers on cards to the left. Then I wrote the names of classes on small cards then velcro'd them on.

7. Veteran Teacher

Veteran Teacher Rookie

Aug 6, 2005

I use the extra name plates that match the ones on the students' desks. I print out one for each subject on my computer. I laminate them and put magnetic tape on the back. It's one of the jobs in my classroom for someone to be in charge of changing the schedule every morning.

8. SimplySue

SimplySue Rookie

Aug 6, 2005

My students have their schedule attached to the inside cover of their agenda which they have with them at all times. It's an easy reference for them. :)

9. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 8, 2005

I have a "Class Schedule" Chartlet on my wall ($1.99 at educational store). I list our general time schedule for the week. On the door I post a special class list, with days and times of our special classes. It worked for me last year. I may do it different this year depending on what my schedule looks like. We should see it Wednesday or Thursday, along with our class list. The sooner, the better.