Daily Devotions for building character/virtues

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by dillpickle, Jun 5, 2007.

1. dillpickle

dillpickle Rookie

Jun 5, 2007

Hello all...I'm looking for a good book with stories that teaches what it means to have good character/virtues. I want something that I could use on a daily basis. I know that I can't really use a Christian devotional, but I want something similar that I can read from everyday to teach a lesson on character. Any suggestions?

3. Steph-ernie

Steph-ernie Groupie

Jun 5, 2007

I use one that I think is called "Sticky Situations". It has a little story for every day of the year and always ends with the question of what should they do? There are choices given and a Bible verse to look at for help (you wouldn't have to read the Bible verse if you're in public school). I think some of the devotions have to do with church youth group and that sort of thing, but most of them are not overly religious. I'll check on the title and the author at work tomorrow.

4. dillpickle

dillpickle Rookie

Jun 6, 2007

Thanks. That sounds great.

5. Lotte

Lotte Companion

Jun 6, 2007

Our school participates in "The Virtues Project". It's nice and comes with songs, activities etc. Very nice.

6. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jun 6, 2007

Cookies: Bite-Size Life Lessons by Amy Krouse Rosenthal is a cute picture book that names virtues and gives a simple example. It could easily be used for a short discussion on what different traits mean.

7. Steph-ernie

Steph-ernie Groupie

Jun 6, 2007

Okay, I looked at school today, and the one I use is called "Sticky Situations" and was written by Betsy Schmidt.