Daily behvior sheet

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Blondie0428, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Blondie0428

Blondie0428 Rookie

Jul 29, 2012

Daily behavior sheet

I'm a new teacher and I plan to use the classic traffic light system in my fourth grade class along side a ticket system. I want to send home a daily behavior sheet where at the end of the day the students color in a circle or whatever so their parents can see how their child was that day. Does anyone have a sheet they use that they would be willing to share?

3. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2012

I did that with one student this year. Except I did it for every period. I colored in what color her card ended on each period. At first I did it daily. It was a simple box in word, the period, and a blank box to color, lines on the bottom for notes, a place for her father to sign.

Then as her behavior improved we moved to weekly, basically the same chart, just a column for each day of the week added. I'd show it but I'm not sure how to share documents on here.

If you're doing it for the whole class you might just want to do whatever color they ended the day on. That's what we really focused on with our color system. They could get to orange or red, but they could always work back to green, it really mattered what they ended the day on. Orange meant a written reflection on behavior, red was parent contact.

Maybe you could do how they ended the morning and how they ended the day on one, in case kids are quite unruly in the morning. (Eventually we added indoors at lunch for kids who were on red by the end of the morning.)

You could also have pre-made slips for each color. That way at the end of the day you could just hand out the color slip or attach it to their homework sheet so the parents could see what color they were on, that might save the time of having the kids or you fill it out.

4. Curiouscat

Curiouscat Comrade

Jul 30, 2012

Just print a calendar for the month. Each afternoon the child fills in their status and puts it in their take home folder. Then the parents can see the whole month. You collect the calendar at the end of the month so you have data/documentation.

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 30, 2012

Do you use assignment notebooks? Could they color in a spot in their assignment notebook page?

I would be careful about using this with the whole class as it will take time on your part everyday. Be sure to schedule in the time for this.

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 30, 2012

I agree--whatever you decide upon, be sure that it is simple and sustainable.

7. Blondie0428

Blondie0428 Rookie

Jul 30, 2012

Well the school I will be at us big on parental communication do I thought this would be a simple way for them to know if their child is behaving well in class. I'm thinking I won't check everyone's sheet to see if they did it correctly but only the ones who didn't end up on the green at the end of the day, which hopefully won't be many at all. Maybe I'll give a prize or lunch in the classroom day to the ones who stay on the green the whole month. How does that sound?

8. MrsHoot

MrsHoot Comrade

Jul 30, 2012

I created a sheet like this in word, it had 5 stoplights on top and 5 on the bottom. There were lines under them as well in case I needed to write any notes. The kids colored them in at the end of the day and I just double checked the students who were on yellow or red. My kids had punchcards and got a punch for being on green. It was very easy to manage with my first graders!

9. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jul 30, 2012

A month is an awfully long time to wait for little ones.

The rest of it sounds great.

10. Blondie0428

Blondie0428 Rookie

Jul 30, 2012

Well there will be daily incentives as well. Green gets full recess time and yellow and red will lose some or all recess.