daily behavior logs-what do you use?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by mendoza08, Jun 18, 2009.

1. mendoza08

mendoza08 Rookie

Jun 18, 2009

I want to get items together for the BEE folders. I want to add a daily BEE havior chart. Some type of behavior log. what do you use? Are they by color? do the kids fill them in ? Do you have time to write in everyones chart? Thanks! :D

3. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Jun 18, 2009

I just put a monthly calendar on the front of everyone's folder. It has special events, birthdays, special classes, field trips, etc. At the end of the day they get either a sticker or a note (or sometimes both). It's super-fast. Sometimes I put stickers on first thing in the morning if I have time then. It's simple enough to pull of a sticker if I need to by the end of the day.

4. little317

little317 Groupie

Jun 18, 2009

I made a year long calendar in excel. There is a little box for each day. I mark the square with either a happy, straight or sad face. I do like the idea that sevenplus has. I bet that saves you time!

5. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Jun 27, 2009

Our whole school uses a color system: green (the best), yellow, orange, red, blue, purple, and pink (office referral). I made a chart on Excel with places for each day, M-F, and the colors written in under each day. All I have to do is circle what color they "were on" each day, and add a comment or two if needed.

6. Mrs.Z.

Mrs.Z. Companion

Jun 27, 2009

I actually use a bee theme and have my behavior mgmt. go with it! Here's what I use...

-I have a hive on the wall that I drew and it has lines that divide it top, middle and bootom into thirds. The top section has a happy face on it. The middle section has a face with a flat mouth, and the bottom is a sad face. Each student has a clip with their name on it that starts in the happy section each day. I usually give 1 warning for misbehavior before they have to 'move their clip down'. Further misbehavior and they move all the way down which qualifies for a phone call or note home. If they stay on happy all day, they get a bee sticker on a behavior chart. When they fill the chart, they go to the treasure chest.

-Also have a quick positive reward system called "buzz". They are just tiny slips of paper that I quietly give to a student who is on track, or working hard, etc. They write their name on it, crumple it up and put it in the BUZZ JAR for a drawing on Friday. I usually give out a LOT of these. I pick 2 names each week from the jar to get a prize, and throw the rest out to start anew each week. They love this!

-I also do a "caught Bee-ing good" award if I see someone going way above and beyond. I make a big deal about it when I give it out, and tell the whole class why they are getting it (so they will hopefully emulate these extra good behaviors). I tell the parents in the beginning of the year that these are a really big deal, and to take their kid for ice cream or something special if they get one.

This works really well for me. The kids report to their parents if they got a bee on their chart for the day or not, and those that end up not I make sure to contact the parents as necessary.

7. Mrs.Z.

Mrs.Z. Companion

Jun 27, 2009

Also, DJInkers has a clip art download to go with the bee theme, that is really useful for making awards and notes.