Dafont.com-anyone use?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MsBee, Aug 8, 2009.

1. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Aug 8, 2009

Anyone use this site for their newsletters etc...

I love it but cant figure out how to use it and download the fonts.

3. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2009

I have used it in the past, not recently though.
    If I recall correctly, there is a download button to click and save the font to your computer. It saves as a zip file. If you use windows, you unzip it and copy the contents to your fonts folder, which you access through the control panel.

4. classtell

classtell New Member

Aug 9, 2009

To use a font, you need to download and install it. Click the "Download" button at the right of the page for any font, which will download a zip folder.

Open the zip folder. All the files in the zip folder that end with .ttf or .otf are font files which need to be installed on your computer. On Windows XP, open the Control Panel, then click "Switch to Classic View" on the left side (if you're not already in classic view). Then double-click the folder called "Fonts" to open it. Drag the font files from the zip you downloaded into the Fonts folder.

Now you can use the new font with your software (i.e. MS Word).

Hope that helped!

5. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Aug 9, 2009

It did...thanks

6. pxydst07

pxydst07 Comrade

Aug 9, 2009

I never save the fonts permanently to my computer. I still press the download button, but click open instead of save. Once I open the font I minimize it and then open Word. As long as it's minimized it shows up in the fonts and can be used. I like to do this if I know I won't really use the font often. You just have to print the document before closing everything up. You can have more than one font minimized also. Just thought I'd mention this.