D.C. vs Marvel

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by whizkid, Jun 16, 2019.

?

D.C. vs Marvel

Poll closed Jun 30, 2019.
  1. D.C.

50.0%
  2. Marvel

50.0%
  1. whizkid

whizkid Cohort

Jun 16, 2019

Who you got and why?

3. whizkid

whizkid Cohort

Jun 16, 2019

Supposed to be in Teacher Timeout. Somebody please move!

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 17, 2019

Done.

5. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Aficionado

Jun 17, 2019

Marvel fan here. I love reading DC comics, but the films are just freaking awesome. Your imagination comes alive and I just can’t get enough of the latter, haha!

6. miss-m

miss-m Devotee

Jun 17, 2019

I grew up watching the X-Men cartoon and Justice League. I love both, but Marvel characters have always been much more interesting to me overall. DC characters feel so cliché and basic; they're great, and the last few DC movies (Wonder Woman, Justice League, and Shazam) are at the top of my list of favorite superhero movies, but Marvel is definitely my favorite overall.

7. whizkid

whizkid Cohort

Jun 17, 2019

My allegiance to Batman puts me with D.C. He's the most cerebral hero of all time.

Justice League vs Avengers= Justice League.

8. 3Sons

3Sons Connoisseur

Jun 18, 2019

The DC tv universe is pretty good, much better than Marvel's (agents of shield notwithstanding). I only watch the Flash regularly, but the birds I've seen of green arrow have been decent.

I'm hoping the Batwoman series doesn't actually go too far over-the-top with its feminist message. There's a lot of potential for the character and I feel like they could kill it off if they reduce it to a single trope.

I'll put Netflix's Daredevil in a category by itself, since though the character is Marvel the studio is not.

For movies, Marvel clearly wins. Building up a story over almost two dozen movies was incredibly ambitious. That they've already planned for stage 4 (post-avengers) is a good sign that their dominance will remain for the foreseeable future.

My middle son's pick for the most powerful superhero, by the way? -- Elsa from Frozen ("she just sings and builds a castle in like two minutes, brings nonliving things to life, and changes the climate of the entire world!")