Cute things your pets do!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, May 10, 2011.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 10, 2011

I love reading cute pet stories so feel free to share something funny they do!

My dog still has his favorite toy (we've replaced it a few times) and will suck on it to lull himself to sleep! I've seen him literally "tip" to his side with it still in his mouth! It's adorable. sometimes he wakes up right away wondering what happened and sometimes he stays asleep like that for a bit! :toofunny:

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 10, 2011

Where do I begin?! :)

- the way he snores is so cute

- how he burrows under his blanket when he sleeps

- how he lays sometimes w/ his head up, body laid out & front arms stretched out

- his cute little walk

- his adorable little, flat face

- when he dozes off while he's still sitting upright

I'm telling you, my baby can do no wrong in my book! :wub:

4. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 10, 2011

That's so sweet Ms. I!
    I missed my little guy when I took him to the groomer's today. We normally take him on the weekends and then go on errands, etc but today I came home to do chores and missed him being next to me all the time!

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 10, 2011

He does so many cute things!! I love the way he:
    ~sleeps like a person, with his head on the pillow and his front paws on the blanket
    ~how he takes his toy bird and tosses it up in the air to himself
    ~the way his whole backend shakes when he wags his tail

I could go on!

6. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 10, 2011

aww what kind of dog? sounds really cute! sleeps like a person?! You mean on his back? Oh my cuteness!

7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

May 10, 2011

My dog and the neighbor's dog used to pass toys back and forth under the fence. They were big buddies, and they'd often take naps side by side at the fence.

I once made some REALLY bad meatloaf that I tried to share with the dog. He couldn't pick up his bowl, so he carried straw from his dog house and used it to bury his bowl, meatloaf and all.

When he was pouting about something, he'd go in his dog house with his butt facing the door.

8. smalltowngal

May 10, 2011

He's a dachshund. And sometimes he'll sleep on his back. We sometimes sleep back to back.

9. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

May 10, 2011

I think I've posted this before but this is how my Ruby sleeps:

[​IMG]

I think it's the reason she won't sleep in the bed-because she can't sleep upside-down.

10. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

May 10, 2011

Oh, I could fill pages. For now, I'll focus on the newest member of my family.

Nermal invited himself into my living room Saturday afternoon. I opened the back door and he strutted right in and plopped himself down. He's a little grey kitten...maybe 6 weeks old. He sat down and looked at me with this look that said "you are going to keep me, right?"

Of course, the Sr. kitties had some adjusting to do. Sunday night, Nermal and Booger, my most Sr. Kitty were sitting next to each other having what really looked like a father son teaching session about how to hiss. It went sort of like this:

Booger: HHHHHHIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSS (here's how you do it, son)
    Nermal: hhis (like this?)
    Booger: HHHHHIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (no, more like this)
    Nermal: hhhiiiiiisssss (is that better?)

The two cats were both sitting there fairly relaxed, just having this "conversation" back and forth. It was hysterical.

11. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 10, 2011

That's one you want to record with audio, mm.

12. smalltowngal

May 10, 2011

Kinder~that is so cute!!! We have a German shepard too.

mm~too cute!!

Another one that I have to add that just happened. Pup has this nasty habit of chewing panties. He was in my daughter's bathroom and when I called him, he knew he was in trouble. He came to me with his head down, and then slowly rolled onto his back when he got to me. He was looking at me like, "I'm sorry Momma"

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 10, 2011

Such cute stories everyone has! :)

Thanks. I'm glad my dog has maintenance-free fur. I couldn't leave him at the groomer's & pick him up later. I'd want to be able to watch every move they mk! :)

How cute!

14. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

May 10, 2011

When I go out I crate DeeOhGee so when I come home she need to go out when I open the door of the crate I say in an excited voice "Go outside?" she takes off down the hall, well she has to turn into the bed room (where the doggy door is) she slides as she trys to make the turn I call it my Fast & Furious Turn, she "drifts" like a pro.

15. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

May 10, 2011

I have three cats. One likes to give hugs with his paws around your neck. If he wants to hug you, he will not leave you alone until he has gotten what he wants. Another one chirps at bugs and sleeps with his front paws on one side and his back paws facing the other. It looks like he has been run over, but he has done that for five years so it must be comfy for him. The third one just liked to sleep on my hip when I'm lying on my side.

16. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

May 10, 2011

My fat cat Sophie likes to sleep on her back, legs out, arms curled by her face. Her white belly is HUGE, all spread out around her....so cute ;)

17. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

May 10, 2011

everything my dogs and cats do are cute :)

Scout likes to hold hands - she will sit in front of any of us with her paw on our hands. If hands aren't acessible, she will "hold" our feet.

18. math1abee

math1abee Companion

May 11, 2011

My cat Charlie greets me everyday when I come home from work. He is always on our back deck and he talks to me and rolls around on the ground until I reach down and pet him. I really look forward to my hello everyday.

19. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

May 11, 2011

Two things my dog does that make me laugh everytime-when you tell her to speak, she barks, but absolutely NO sound comes out. She can bark and does often, but it is so funny to see her bark silently. She also will crawl up into my lap, kinda sitting up, then totally fall over backward so she is sitting up, but leaning against me so I can rub her stomach. Oh, I also forgot that when my son, with long hair visits and gets on the floor to play with her, she will just head butt him and rub all over his hair. Told him she thought it was a dead animal.

20. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

May 12, 2011

These are great!

My dog is built like a pug with poodle hair! She is nearing 16 years old, but still gets her zip out once in a while.

If you sing "If You're Happy and You Know it Sing and Dance" she will twirl in circles on hind feet) barking like crazy! That is the funniest. She will also spontaneously dance for you if she would like a treat.

She is an oldie now and partly blind, but when a raven or eagle flies past our windows (large full wall of windows) she starts barking her head off as if we are in mortal danger!

In the summer, she will be sleeping, then suddenly jump up, barking, run to the open window, run to the deck door, barking barking, run out on the deck, and sure enough, she has smelled a deer or a bear in the yard. Can't see em but she smells them!

She would make a great pro ball outfielder. She can catch anything you toss at her, if it is edible. Not so much anymore as her sight is bad.

Sweet doggie.

21. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 12, 2011

When I meow like a cat, my dog howls/sings! It's something he's always just done!

22. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

May 12, 2011

Oh my Ms. I that is hysterical! This is a fun thread. I wish I could remember more of the funnies from years past. Our baby is in her last months - pretty healthy overall, but a dog can only live so long. She has had us in stitches for almost 16 years.

One thing she does is smile when we come home sometimes. Also, I am telling you, DD and I walked in the door at the end of the day one time and she howled out "Iwovyou!"

23. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 12, 2011

My pug does so many cute things I could go on forever...but I won't LOL I'll just list a few:
    -The way he sleeps, sometimes with things in his mouth like a toy or even his food bowl LOL
    -When he wants a treat I tell him to sit and say please and he is so excited he can barely get the bark out but it comes out like a little "yip" and he gets his treat.
    -There is no man, woman or child he will not beg a tummy rub from.
    -He will bring dinner guests to the table (3-4 toys) every night so that they (meaning HE) can beg for bites of our dinner. "Yes mommy, my squeaky raccoon toy LOVES meatloaf you better give him some asap".
    -He also plays with his toys by throwing them up in the air and catching them. That is so cute.

24. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

May 12, 2011

ah, you just reminded me of something my doggie used to do. While I was washing dishes, she would keep barking at me. Finally I would turn around and she would have all her chewie toys arranged in a semi circle behind my feet. Like,

"Do you like THIS one? . . . How about THIS one?? No? Here is my favorite . . . come play!"

25. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 12, 2011

bonneb, I'm glad your dog's brought you so much joy. 16 yrs is quite a long time. I'm sure anyone would be so glad to have their dog live that long.

Arranging toys in a semicircle, how creative.

TeacherNY, love it!

26. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 12, 2011

LOL that's cute. I have stepped on a few toys that were piled up.
    The funniest thing was when I had the Thanksgiving turkey in the oven. 2 of the toys sat right in front of the stove for the whole day. I guess they were keeping an eye on the turkey!!

27. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

May 12, 2011

STG, our dogs must be litter mates (if a dachshund and lab can *be* siblings)! Mine does the same things except she sleeps on her back with all four legs extended straight in the air! She loves to throw her toys around the room herself, and she'll get one toy to "bat" another, too. She's also a whole backend shaker. It makes me laugh every time. :love:

28. nyprekteacher85

nyprekteacher85 Rookie

May 12, 2011

I particularly love how my dog has decided that this one ghost shaped squeaky toy is like her baby. She destroys every other toy that crosses her path, chews them for a few minutes, and then rips the squeaky and the stuffing out and strews it all over the house. However, this one she has had for over a year, and she just carries it from room to room licking it and nuzzling it.

She is black, its white....i don't get it. It is not even a heavy duty one that she can't bite through (which by the way has never stopped her before) she just adopted it...literally!

Also, when she is rolling around playing on the floor and suddenly freezes on her back and looks at you upside down as if to say "what? I didn't do anything out of the ordinary."

And forget it...when she sees fresh powdery snow! She is all over it, burrowing in it, making tunnels and then popping up out of nowhere! But the funniest was when she went out after and ice storm and jumped in the snow bank and it didn't do anything...she looked at me as if to say, "mom, what is this stuff and where is my snow???"

I love Penny....she definitely gives me some of the best smiles of my day! I wish i could attach a picture but I don't see the little button to do it. Oh well, maybe next time.

29. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

May 12, 2011

Yes, I am blessed with this doggie.She converted me from a cat person to a total dog person.

When DD went off to college, I was really down, way down. I had a talk with doggie and told her I needed her to hang in there with me for a year.

Well, she hung in there for 2 and 3/4 years for me,still kicking. She has brightened my day a million times when I was missing my sweet daughter.

30. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 12, 2011

bonneb, that's so sweet!

31. smalltowngal

May 13, 2011

Oh sometimes he does sleep on his back, but he would rather have his back against mine.

Mine does this too!! And he'll growl and swing back and forth like he's scratching his back, and then just stop and look at me.

32. K1teach

K1teach Companion

May 13, 2011

I love my pup and all the fun things she does, but I think the best has just begun! She has taught my 10 month old son all kind of tricks. Like how to dig through the clean laundry until you find just the right sock to put in your mouth and crawl around with. And how to shake the sock in your mouth. How to crawl with a ball in your mouth. How to growl and how to communicate. When Daisy barks for J to play, J shouts back like here I am. Daisy was my baby for 5 years until we were blessed with J but she has taken him under her paw and has found a new buddy.