Cute things your pet does....

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Aug 17, 2010.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Aug 17, 2010

This morning my dog licked my arm right where I have a slight rash. I thought that was so sweet that he saw something was different there and wanted to "help it"! :lol: For how small it is, I'm impressed with his keen awareness!

Last night we were walking around the park and an older lady loved our dog so I asked her if she wanted to pet him, and she outstretched her arms so I lifted him up to her. She fell in love with him (he's a small dog) and he was so mellow in her lap. She said thanks for sharing our dog with her! :)

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 17, 2010

My dog's a real joy! He's so cute when he sleeps & snores & lays w/ his arms outstrectched.

Every tim I take him out in pubic, he causes a lot of attention because he's so cute & his breed is rare in my area. (I'velied here for 22 yrs & have only seen about 3 Bostons.)

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Aug 17, 2010

Ummm...my dog does so many cute things I'd be here for hours listing them :blush:

One thing he does is when he is outside on his dog run in the front yard he will bark at anyone who walks/rides by. If they don't pay attention to him he will not stop barking. As soon as they get close to him to pet him he immediatly rolls onto his back for a tummy rub. Then the person inevitably gives him at tummy rub and say, "awww how cute" and he is happy. He does this a lot with my neighbor across the street and the old woman up the street who takes her dog out for walks. At first she was scared of him but I told her he is just barking to ask for a tummy rub. Now she comes over to pet him all the time.

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Aug 17, 2010

What kind of dog do you have?

6. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Aug 17, 2010

Peke-a-poo

7. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Aug 17, 2010

Great share, tennisplayer, thanks :) My cat is a real success story. She was a sweet kitten, taken too early from her mama (rescued from the shelter - the mama cat owner was taking them to the shelter at like 5 weeks old!!). She had a habit of lying on your lap on her back with her arms and legs straight down like a human. She had an enormous forehead (too young and undernourished). Just so cute and different.

When she was only about 6 or 8 weeks, my nephew (we didn't see it til too late) cornered her under the sofa and was barking at her. It breaks my heart, I remember exactly how she looked with her big head and tiny body, all puffed up in a futile attempt to look bigger. Poor baby was never the same. She went up into this cat tower we had and lived a feral life. She couldn't be petted, even. She did get some grooming from our older cat.

Well, the older cat died and she is having something of a second childhood. She came down and lays with us in the bed or on the chair now, though not on our lap. She hates to be picked up or cuddled close. She loves to be petted and have her belly rubbed. She lays on the bed with her head on the pillow. So sweet.

So, not really what you asked, but I am happy to share my pet story :)

8. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2010

My cat runs into the bathroom when you flush and hangs in over the side to watch it go down. Too funny.

Something else that cracks me up is what we call his spot of the day. Everyday he picks out a spot to sleep. He pretty much sleeps there all day. When he gets up to eat or use the litter box, he comes right back to that spot. But the next day, he picks a new spot. Yesterday it was snuggled up next to the new bookshelf we bought, and today it is finally sunny so he found a spot to recharge in the kitchen.

9. tiki7719

tiki7719 Companion

Aug 17, 2010

My dog lines us all his balls so we can kick them. Both of my dogs did/do that (one is deceased and we got our new dog after she passed).

My cat is trained to go outside on a leash. So, when she wants to go out a leash, she sits by the back door and waits for us to put a leash on her.

10. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2010

Very touching...I would love that kitty so much and as for the nephew scaring her, that is just awful.

11. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2010

My cat (the one in my avatar,) follows me everywhere I go. Sometimes he can hardly keep up with me!

12. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Aug 17, 2010

Awww. My dog follows me around too and whimpers when I'm using the restroom or camps outside the door wondering why I closed the door on him! :lol:

13. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Aug 17, 2010

Mine does that too. One time I was taking a bubble bath and he was crying outside the door because I was taking too long LOL

14. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2010

Haha, mine too!

I rescued mine from a parking lot when she was about 8 weeks old. She had a terrible cold, so the vet had us run a hot shower to steam her out. Three years later, she still thinks she has to be in the bathroom when the shower's running - she likes to hang out on the tub ledge, between the curtain and liner :lol:

15. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2010

Well My DeeOhGee (pronounce D O G) she is a maltase chitsu mix 10 lbs soaking wet. She meets me at the door and stands on her hind feet waving her front paws in the air, I call it her "I am glad you are home" beg (Caesar says that type of begging is the highest form begging)
    After I get her groomed she runs around the house, I think she thinks she is Lady Godiva.

The "other" dog in the house is my son's chocolate Lab, "Hershey" about 80 lbs when my son goes to school in the morning he opens my bedroom door and hershey will come in and lick my hand like "wake up I want to play' or he just climbs in to my TWIN bed with me and DeeOhGee

The two of them play but the big dog has to crouch down so DeeohGee can reach him. He is big enough that with one bite I'd end up with half a dog but they are pals

16. KateL

KateL Habitué

Aug 17, 2010

My cat LOVES ice. When I get some out of the fridge dispenser, he comes over and puts his paws up on the fridge to beg. If I give him an ice cube, he bats it around the kitchen floor like he's playing hockey until it melts or he bats it under the stove. So cute!

17. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Aug 17, 2010

I put treats and peanut butter in one of her Kong toys for a treat and she'll bring it over to me and put it in my lap like she's saying "more please". I gave her a piece of wagon wheel pasta the other day and she batted it around for about 10 minutes. She loves to grab socks and toilet paper and just run with them-she can be checking out a whole pile of laundry and come up with a sock--what a little turkey!

But she makes me laugh every day! ;)

18. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Aug 17, 2010

Oh, the list of stuff my cat does....

First and foremost, I would have to point out the shoe fetish. Booger loves shoes. He's rarely happy sleeping unless he's splayed out over the stinkiest pair of shoes he can find. Also, if you ever come to my house and sit down on the couch, tuck your feet underneath you, otherwise, there will be a large orange kitty splayed out over your feet.

If he's not sleeping on shoes, he's sleeping in (yes, I said in) the entertainment center. He's particularly fond of the spot right next to the Wii, on the middle shelf, under the TV. He occasionally sleeps in other places, but not often.

Booger follows me around ALL the time. He's worse than a toddler. He's currently sleeping on my shoes, right in front of me, but, the second I get up, he'll wake up and come darting after me.

Booger is also an escape artist. I have to keep my doors bolted shut, as he can open the front door if the deadbolt is not thrown. He then goes visiting the people in the rest of the building. Should I remember to deadbolt the front door, but forget to put the stick in the sliding glass door that leads to the back patio, he can get out that way. He's an expert at climbing up to the third floor balcony, where he apparently has friends. Thankfully, I have reasonable neighbors, who get a kick out of Booger's escape antics, and always return him with a smile.

19. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2010

How about "not cute but thinks it is".

One of the cats can't stand to see me sleeping when she wants out. She jumps on my stomach or back. Scares me to death.

Another wants is sure he is being lovable when he jumps on the keyboard and sprawls on the "enter" button.