Cute guy...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by emmakate218, Sep 21, 2009.

1. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Sep 21, 2009

...at my school today.

I'm long term subbing at an elementary from now until January so I'm unfamiliar with the staff, but this guy was a "workman" - like guys who are electricians and whatnot. He visited my room while my students were at specials to fix wire in the ceiling and we started talking about ourselves - where we went to school, church, and more personal type stuff. Total flirtation. I think so much so, that anyone else in the room would have been regurgitating at how much we were flirting with one another! :lol:

Does your school have a "workman" assigned to it or do they travel around? I'm hoping he "belongs" to the school so I can run into him again! :lol: When I mentioned I was long term subbing for the teacher, he was like, "Oh, yeah, the pregnant teacher." That makes me think he does "belong" to the school since he somewhat knew the teacher I was mentioning.

I don't think I've ever really spoken about my love life before on AtoZ, but it's been totally non-existant for two and a half years, really ever since my relationship with my ex-husband ended. Being out of the dating scene really makes a person clueless, you know!

Dating again is long overdue for me and this guy was cute and clearly easy to talk to if we were flirting within minutes of meeting each other!

Hopefully updates to come on this. ;)

3. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Sep 21, 2009

Hope so! Can you ask the secretary or another teacher if he is a regular? Or to be more subtle, ask if there is a maintenance dept. and what they are responsible for.

Good luck!

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 21, 2009

Well good luck!! One of the teachers in my building ended up marrying a "workman" at our school.

And sooo didn't know you had been married!!

5. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2009

Well well...that definitely will make the job more interesting! Good for you! I started dated again a month ago and I found a really great guy without really looking! You never know who is sent your way. Hopefully you will be brave enough to give him your number or to ask for his. Hey, you only live once. Keep us posted! Good luck!

6. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2009

I was thinking the same exact thing!!!!

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 21, 2009

If I were you, before he left, I would have made sure to casually ask if he comes to this school often or is everyday something unexpected.

If you see him again, maybe try to find out if he has a GF or wife & kids before you get too lovestruck. Hopefully, something will become of this! Yes, keep us posted. ;)

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 21, 2009

emmakate-
    ask around some teachers you trust...they'll know if he's a regular staff member.

We have cute tech guys who come in about once a week. If I was younger and single...:lol:

9. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Sep 21, 2009

As he was leaving my classroom, he told me that he'd be back during lunch and recess to fix the cable. I figured I'd be able to talk to him a bit more and get his name since I had lunch and recess off duty today and I'd be in the room. He didn't make it back to my room though. Maybe he'll come back tomorrow. He he. :)

I've been thinking of sneaky ways of asking my teammates about him. I think I'll tell my neighbor teacher about how a "workman" stopped by about a cable in my room, he didn't come back to fix it, and if he's our regular "workman" and whatnot. He he. Sneaky.

I got married when I was 20 and our marriage lasted a year, but the relationship continued on for a year and a half or so after our divorce and after he returned from Iraq. He was/is in the Air Force. He was abusive in many ways. When I divorced him, I returned to college to finish my degree and didn't date much because I was trying to focus on making excellent grades so I could graduate with honors (mission accomplished!) and since I've graduated, I've had too much family tragedy in my life with my father's heart attack and my mother's passing, that I just haven't been able to be open to dating. Like I said though, it's long overdue!

Zoe, in this situation and really any dating-type scenario, I don't think I could ask for a guy's number! Especially in this situation, though. Since I'm a LTS, I would be worried word would get out that I asked for his number and it could potentially reflect poorly of me! Eek! I think I'd be more than comfortable after talking with him or any guy - about our interests and whatnot, saying something along the lines of, "That sounds like fun. We should do that sometime." to set it up for him to ask for my number, you know? Oh, I'm so clueless. :blush:

Thanks for the suggestions!

10. blessedhands

blessedhands Comrade

Sep 21, 2009

Since you are touching the dating scene again, to get your foot in the waters do not ask for his number. Let him initiate but be subtle with it giving clues where necessary without looking abrasive.

Hey my SO is the most handsome and sexiest "work man" I know! :eek:Who makes bigger bucks than I do! So there is nothing wrong with a teacher dating one. Just take it slow but I can understand how excited you are. :) I am excited for you.

11. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Sep 22, 2009

Next time he comes in play it fun and tell him that you are a little tired today, probably going to starbucks after work or something like that. Might give you guys the opportunity to see each other outside of the classroom if he just shows up. lol

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 22, 2009

Good idea! Maybe he'll bite on that offer.

Also, you can ask what kinds of things he likes to do when he's not working. That will kind of start a conversation about whether he lives in the area, etc.

13. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Sep 22, 2009

No sight of the cute "workman" today, but I'll be there until January so hopefully our paths cross again because he sure was cute!

14. MzQualified

MzQualified Comrade

Oct 11, 2009

Update?? lol

15. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Oct 11, 2009

Good luck!
    Keep your head straight & your heart will follow!:cool:
    Rebel1

16. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Oct 11, 2009

Easier said than done, Rebel.:unsure:

17. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Oct 11, 2009

It's my 4th #777 entry! :cool:
    Ssssssssssssh Runw/Scissors...:p
    I know, BUT IT SOUNDED SO GOOD!:angel:
    Rebel1

18. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Oct 11, 2009

Rebel, I have noticed that--how can that be?

19. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Oct 12, 2009

I hope it works out for you, emmakate.

20. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Oct 12, 2009

Maybe Emma found her workman again so she hasn't had time to update us. Just teasing Emma. We have two woman and two men that work every day in our school. I do make sure I know all their names and great them daily. My room seems to be super clean too!

Rebel, your post count only changes on the educational forums. So if you are in the timeout area they won't change.

21. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Oct 12, 2009

Posts in Teacher Time Out don't count towards your total posts. Only posts in the educational forums count. That's why my total is so low! I post in here the most. :lol:

22. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 12, 2009

Same here & I don't see why they don't count! I'd have probably 3 times as many posts as I do now if the Teacher Time Out posts counted! :)

23. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Oct 12, 2009

No real update. I've seen him a couple more times since, but I've been with my class each time so it wasn't appropriate timing. Oh, and I found out that the official title for "workman" is "contractor".

24. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Oct 13, 2009

Did you find out your "workman's" name?

25. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Oct 14, 2009

Don't you have a squeaky desk or a light that needs to be changed or something??? Our "handyman" does everything for us that requires a ladder (he is an angel). Find something somewhere tha needs to be looked at or fixded. And find out from someone if he is a good guy. And do people get together after work hours once in a while??

26. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 14, 2009

bonneb, for the contractor to come, emmakate218 will probably need more than a squeaky desk or broken light. She'll probably need some kind of electrical problem. The less minute issues will just have her see the older, bald custodian! (NO offense of course if you're older & blad :))