Cute, cheap chairs at Target

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Miss Kirby, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jun 15, 2007

I bought two striped chairs at Target. They go with my garden theme, but they would go with a beach theme too, or you don't even need a theme, haha. They were kid size, they'd probably fit kindergarten-2nd grade size kids. Maybe a little bit too small for second grade?? I forget how big they get at the end of the year. :) Anyway, they were 50% off, so they were $7.50 each. They had striped and solid. They also had fold up beach chairs for $5. Super cheap! I'm going to use them as "book nooks" for my kids. I have a tent, pillows, and other little nooks they can use as quiet places to read. If you guys want me to, I could try to post a picture of the chairs. Just thought you guys might be interested!

3. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Jun 15, 2007

Yes, please post a picture. I was just at Target today and bought 2 bright plastic tablecloths for 1.50 each. I put them over old tables to brighten up my classroom. I didn't see the chairs, I'll have to go to the other Target tonight.

4. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Jun 15, 2007

I was just at Target today and I wasn't even thinking about my classroom - pooh! Those sound cute, plus the price is right! I might just have to go back...

5. pamms

pamms Comrade

Jun 15, 2007

Thanks!
    I had noticed some cute chairs there not too long ago and thought I'd hope for them to go on sale! I seem to often miss the sales. Thanks!

6. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jun 15, 2007

At my store at least, they were in the section where they put seasonal or clearance stuff. They had red, blue, teal, and striped. I really wanted the striped ones so I went to two stores and got the last one from each store! I'll try to post a picture soon...

7. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Jun 15, 2007

Well, I went back and got them! I got 2 striped and 2 teal. They are a good size for my 1st graders and they will go beautifully with my beach theme! I need to find an umbrella now...

8. Crys68

Crys68 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007

I got 2 striped chairs for my new 1st grade classroom and some plastic tumblers. These items went 75% off today so I got 4 tumblers for .24 and the chairs for 3.78...Will use the cups for table baskets to hold pencils, crayons, etc.

9. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jun 18, 2007

Good idea for the cups! 75% off! Wow!!

10. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jun 18, 2007

A lot of their summer stuff is 75%. I went to 7 (yes 7) Targets today. They have some really cute stuff! I bought a bunch of those .24 cups to attach to student desks to use as pencil holders. Also got some playground chalk for 1.24, and playground balls for under 2.00.

They also had floor cushions for cheap, and SUPER cute light sets.

11. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Jun 18, 2007

First, Wow, Thanks You Guys! As a parent, I just want to thank you for caring and being so passionate to buy these things for your classroom. You have my heartfelt appreciation!

Second, did any of you see the little la-z-boy looking recliner at Target? They had them on clearance at mine but still too much $$ for me (and this would be for my own kids!). I think it was $49 on sale. It would be so cute, though.

12. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Jun 18, 2007

I love Target! Thank you for sharing!

13. krwaggieteach

krwaggieteach Companion

Jun 19, 2007

Thanks for sharing, I'm heading to Target after while!

14. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Jun 19, 2007

Drats, and curses.... the closest Target is 50 miles from here! I was just there on Saturday, and nothing was reduced! Now it is on sale, and I am not there. Boo hoo. All we have here are Walmarts, and Kmarts. It's just not the same!:(

15. beachteach

beachteach Rookie

Jun 19, 2007

YAY!

I LOVE Target! I live very close to one. I'm sure I'll be taking a trip over there today. It's bad when I'm home alone during the summer and my husband is at work!
    Jen ;)

16. noreenk

noreenk Cohort

Jun 19, 2007

CVS also puts their kiddie beach chairs on clearance during the summer. i got some really cute stuff there!

17. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jun 19, 2007

ooh does any one know if the cloth on the chairs are fire resistant?? I need to check.

18. knittingbec

knittingbec Comrade

Jun 19, 2007

I miss Target. I wonder if they'd ship those chairs this way? Target is funny about shipping certain items. I'll be spending lots of time at Target when I go home to visit in 3 weeks!