Cute BB/classroom ideas! *pics*

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Peachyness, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jun 29, 2010

I found these while searching another teacher forum. Someone posted a link to this teachers flikr page.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm looking for more to add. :) I know people share their cute BB/classroom ideas, but I am extremely visual/kinesthetic learner. I need to see it. I can't picture it if you tell me. :)

3. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jun 29, 2010

I can't wait to see more pictures! Unfortunately, it'll be a few weeks before I have photos to post of my new classroom.

4. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jun 29, 2010

This is great!!! I love the paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling. Our fire marshall doesn't permit things hanging from the ceiling. :( I think hanging things add so much to a class room.

5. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jun 29, 2010

We are allowed six things hanging from the ceiling. I hang a line and count it as two, and hang art work off the line. haha.

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jun 29, 2010

The classroom I'm moving into has these lines criss-crossing the room. Personally, I think that is too much. BUT, I do LOVE the paper lanterns. I wonder where you get those? Target? I've seen them at Cost Plus, but not in those pretty colors. I'll try Target tonight. :D

7. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jun 29, 2010

8. flowerpower31

flowerpower31 Comrade

Jun 29, 2010

What website did you see these on? I love looking at other people's classrooms.

9. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jun 29, 2010

I love the bold colors and fonts. I don't know if I could justify using an entire board for decorative purposes, but it sure would make me happy to look at that board. The owner of that classroom is very talented.

10. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jun 29, 2010

Those particular pictures can be found here. Just go to grades 3-5. I tried to get the page to load to post the exact link but it wouldn't open for me.

iheartrecess: I agree with you about using an entire board for decorative purposes. It is very pretty but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot up in the room that has instructional value and I think that that is important when developing bulletin boards.

11. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jun 29, 2010

I found the pics on flickr. Thanks for the website!

12. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Jun 29, 2010

I just saw paper laterns at the Dollar Tree today. They were battery operated, and came in unusual colors like pink and green and purple.

13. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Jun 29, 2010

sometimes even the dollar store has them....I've gotten them there also...

14. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Jun 29, 2010

Funny...I've seen this classroom this summer and love it. I've gone back to it several times! I love the lanterns, but the fire marshall would have a heart attack.

She's a gifted ed teacher resource teacher. Maybe that's why the bulletin boards aren't crammed full of standards.

15. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Jun 29, 2010

I just saw those lanterns at Michael's yesterday. I wanted to get a few, but our fire marshall would fine us! They were on sale...darn.....

16. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jun 30, 2010

It's funny how different the laws are in regards to what we can and cannot hang in our classroom. If you had seen some of the classrooms at my school, you (and your fire marshall's) would have a heart attack. Two classrooms in particular had SO many things hanging (one of them was in my soon to be room) that you could barely walk around standing straight up.

Anyways, I never made it to Target. IT was getting late and we still had grocery shopping to do (we went out of town).

Since I teach only one subject, I'm thinking of recreating that one BB with the spaceship on it since I"ll have plenty of wall space. :)

17. heymrsp

heymrsp Rookie

Jun 30, 2010

I love that bulletin board with the rocket ship! I'm going to borrow the idea to create an opening hallway bulletin board with my students names on it for the fall. I generally put up one board that welcomes all of my new students and leave it up until Open House, and the other board(both in the hallway) displays our first class project that we do.

I don't have enough bulletin board space in my room to do cutesy boards - they are all very functional - so I like to keep one that is cute through the year, although it somehow relates to student work.

18. MissNikki

MissNikki Comrade

Jul 1, 2010

Absolutely beautiful!

19. flowerpower31

flowerpower31 Comrade

Jul 1, 2010

Same here. :(

20. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 2, 2010

Well, for the schools, like mine, that are allowed to hang anything from the ceilings, I found out one place where you can buy paper lanterns at. I went to Target, Dollar Tree, Big Lots, and Michaels. Michaels and Target were the only two places that had the paper lanterns. Problem with Target is there's came with the light set, which I don't need. Cute colors, but extra money I didn't want to spend.

OH, and the ones I got at Michaels were on sale for $.29 cents. Those were for the smaller sizes. I also got two large size ones for 1.99.