Curriculum Maps

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by macpac, Jul 2, 2008.

1. macpac

macpac New Member

Jul 2, 2008

My head is just swimming thinking about the fall and we are supposed to have our curriculum maps done this fall. Would anyone be willing to share any with me? I feel ridiculous but I am seriously not sure what parts of speech to teach when and how deep to go with them.:blush:

3. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 2, 2008

Georgia has curriculum maps online for grade four. I don't have anything personally to offer besides mini-lesson calendars, though I didn't delve into grammar much on there.

4. hdavidson

hdavidson Companion

Jul 6, 2008

I am surprised that your district has you doing curriculum maps. I was on the team for ours that designed our science curriculum maps after reviewing the new GPS (Georgia Performance Standards). We have since done reading/la, math, and will be working on ss this year.

Try to look at what your state requires you to teach, then take into account when testing is. For instance, our state testing is in April so when we designed out maps, we made sure that all was taught by then, after testing we would do mini introductions to next years standards or do some review of things that would be important or build upon for the next year.