curious about what kinders are learning right now...

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by leannwade, Mar 1, 2008.

1. leannwade

leannwade Rookie

Mar 1, 2008

I am teaching Pre-K, and I was wondering if someone could tell me exactly what you are working on in your kindergarten class at this moment. Thanks a bunch!

3. Mrs.Mom

Mrs.Mom Companion

Mar 2, 2008

I was just working on lesson plans for the week. We will be doing a short unit on Dr. Seuss for Monday, then we will focuse the rest of the week on letter I, measurement, sight words, and writing short sentences using our sight words. Hope this helps!

4. little317

little317 Groupie

Mar 2, 2008

Right now we are working on the letter Vv. For a science experiment we are going to created a volcano. Lots of fun!! We are also using sight words in sentences. Most of my kids can write 1 or 2 sentences on a topic....some can write several sentences. In Math we are ending our unit on time and money and starting addition (yeah!). In science we are beginning our unit on nonliving and living, the needs of living things. We are doing a unit on community places and helpers in reading and social studies.

5. kidsalot

kidsalot Comrade

Mar 2, 2008

In language arts we are working on the letter Uu, naming vowels, writing short sentences with capitalization and punctuation. Working on sight bword recognition(approx. 60 words to date) In math we just finished subtraction and are beginning money. Social studies commonality and diversity. Geography (the continents) and globe skills. In science the parts of plants and setting up our butterfly and ladybug habitats.

6. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Mar 2, 2008

In language Arts we are learning about the letter R initial and final sounds. We are continuing to work on writing, sounding out words and making a complete thought. We are working on telling time to the hr and for science we will begin our wint on weather.

7. lw3teach

lw3teach Companion

Mar 21, 2008

We are working on "how to" and "all about" books, learning about dairy farms and how they operate, sight word review, base ten blocks and the "twenties", punctuation, word families (at, an, ig), and in science we are learning about wood and paper.

8. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Mar 21, 2008

We are working on sight words and word families, reading, spelling and writing sentences using these words in language arts. Integrating science and reading with a plants unit. We have been countiing by 2, 5, and 10, introduced even and odd numbers and ordinal numbers. We just finsihed the /ck/ ending sound in phonics.

9. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Mar 21, 2008

Starting addition and subtraction, continuing word families (we will be doing this the rest of the year). Writer's work shop (Lucy Calkins). We will be studying spring, plants, insects, and farm for the next month or so in science and our theme study. We will also be working some blends and reviewing sight words and previously learned word families. I am also starting some letter writing lessons because we are taking a field trip to the post office right before Mother's Day and I know they will need several weeks of practice with letter writing. We have touched on it a little with morning message and with some of the books we have read, but I am going to try to do one major lesson a week on writing letters and open up a new letter writing center. I am focusing a lot on writing outside of writer's workshop in LA. We are doing some fictional writing, descriptive papers, and reading response in addition to writer's w/s.