Cue panic attack

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by hbcaligirl1985, May 22, 2012.

1. hbcaligirl1985

hbcaligirl1985 Cohort

May 22, 2012

So Im subbing during STAR testing this week...and despite me telling ALL students that from 8 to 930--one student went and did both parts. So I had to call and inform the office. Now im freaking out that im going to get banned from this school :(

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 22, 2012

I had a student go on to the next section during state testing a couple years ago. Of course the directions were very clear not to do so and we even insert "stop signs" in the books where they should stop...and I was making passes around the room (which is how I noticed). Things happen. They're children. It should be okay.

:)

4. hbcaligirl1985

hbcaligirl1985 Cohort

May 22, 2012

He's in 11th grade...he should know better. Bad listening skills is a serious pet peeve of mine though lol

5. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 22, 2012

Okay, well change that to "they're human". :)

I know these tests are serious and obviously we aim for no such situations, but they are bound to happen to a small number and when they do, hopefully everyone can be reasonable and understand a mistake for what it is.

6. hbcaligirl1985

hbcaligirl1985 Cohort

May 22, 2012

:) very true.

7. UCLACareerChngr

UCLACareerChngr Comrade

May 22, 2012

I had a girl do the same thing a few years ago...We were wondering why she was taking so long, so I went over there and she had blown right through the stop sign...it's important but it's not the end of the world...I could think of a lot worse things that could have happened...

11th grader, actually that makes more sense, this is their last CST testing, and by now they've probably really figured out that it doesn't really impact them on a personal level, although it's important for the school.

Don't worry about it, you did the right thing.