CT Foundations of Reading Test

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by i.heart.trees, Jul 24, 2015.

1. i.heart.trees

i.heart.trees Rookie

Jul 24, 2015

Hello. I know that the RICA is somewhat similar to the Foundations of Reading test... at least in terms of certification requirements. I looked to see if there were posts for that specific test so as to make sure I'm posting this one in the right spot. I am seeking a cross-endorsement in elementary and therefore am taking the FoR. My background is secondary English education, but so far I haven't really had much coursework that's geared towards elementary or developmental reading. I've already registered for the test because I want to get a start on the three certification test I will need to take. I've been prepping for the test but would like to know if anyone has any resources out there from their developmental reading courses or anything else that may help.:haha::thanks:

The resources I have used are the FoR practice test for CT, the MTEL practice test, the RICA practice test, and Jennifer Arenson Yaeger's online study guide, as well as a few professional journal articles.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 24, 2015

You had the right subforum, i.heart.trees, but let's shift this out of from under the shadow of California's RICA in hopes of finding you a little more light.

What you probably most need right now is to work on your developmental-reading vocabulary. Reading Rockets, the Florida Center for Research in Reading, and the organization that used to be called SEDL all have good glossaries: if you Google them, the glossaries should show up, or you can search for links on A to Z in threads on RICA or other reading assessments. (Virginia used to have a reading-instruction test by Pearson's predecessor NES, and it was pretty thorough.)

4. i.heart.trees

i.heart.trees Rookie

Jul 26, 2015

Thank you :)