CSET Test Results

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by Jellybeanie, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Jellybeanie

Jellybeanie Rookie

Aug 13, 2007

I noticed on the CSET site that the unofficial score results will be posted on 8/20 (for those who took it on 7/21). But for those who took the Multiple Subject test, shouldn't it be earlier (like today??!!). Does anyone know? :confused:

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 14, 2007

I wouldn't expect the results from July till August 20: the July test date was in the 2006-07 testing year, during which all CSET results were issued on the same day, and the announced day was and is August 20.

Sorry, Jellybeanie: I know you're feeling antsy. Let me suggest taking the edge off with some nice chocolate, hm?

4. Jellybeanie

Jellybeanie Rookie

Aug 14, 2007

Thanks for the reply, at least I won't be checking my email every single minute (like I was doing on Monday) for the result! I guess by next week this time, I will know the result!

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 14, 2007

Chocolate works for celebration, too...

6. Kippers

Kippers Companion

Aug 18, 2007

How is everyone else feeling about the CSET test results. I'm second guessing myself on everything right now!

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 19, 2007

On another thread I suggested taking off the edge with a nice margarita...

8. Jellybeanie

Jellybeanie Rookie

Aug 19, 2007

I'm curious how many of those who came out of the testing center feeling as though they did not do well, actually passed. It seems as though, as long as you get half (or even less than half) of the multiple choice correct and do okay on the writing, you still can pass (am I wrong?). I know I will be on the borderline between pass and fail. Hopefully, I will land on the passing side ;)

9. Calif_Girl

Calif_Girl Rookie

Aug 19, 2007

CSET Results

I'm not sure what the actual ratio is. I am sitting on pins and needles however. I've already passed subtest I & III. I'm waiting for results on II.

I'm all set to go into the credential program. They're just waiting on my score. I'll be so disapointed if I didn't pass. This was my second time taking it as well. I passed the other two first try. Math is not my strong point. Last time I scored very high in science, but it wasn't enough to pull me through. I missed it by a few points.

Sheree

10. mommy3boys

mommy3boys Companion

Aug 19, 2007

I only took subset I and already signed up for subtest II,III so if I don't pass I will take again in November plus anything I didn't pass in September. I feel pretty confident about it though, I didn't find it as hard as I anticipated. I will be taking taking some prereqs this fall and can not apply to the credential program until I pass 2 of the subsets since I'm not liberal arts major. I figure might as well try to pass all 3 since I will have to pass them before I can student teach. The good thing is I found out that out of the classes required for the program I can take 4 of them before I'm even accepted into the program.

Good luck.

11. Kippers

Kippers Companion

Aug 19, 2007

I felt pretty okay walking out of the test. But as time goes on, I'm starting to question myself, especially on the science. The questions really were basic and are important for any elementary school teacher to know, but it has been a very long time for me since I opened a science or math book.

I still have to take two courses before I can be accepted to an internship credential program. Taking a subtest again won't be the end of the world. :)

I've been sort of toying with the idea of studying for the single subject English tests in order to be able to moonlight as a tutor or SAT teacher over the summer.

Good luck everyone. I look forward to happy posts tomorrow night.

12. Ms.Special

Ms.Special Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

Good luck to everyone who took the CSET in July-- the results should be available to us in about 12 hours. I go back to work today, so at least I can't fret the entire day about the results. Since I know my district/school will have other things for me to fret about, (enrollment, test scores, supplies, budget, committees I should chair, ect.......) :lol:

Ms. Special

13. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 20, 2007

One could start checking at noon... it's not unheard of for scores to be posted that early.

14. Ms.Special

Ms.Special Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

Thanks! I just checked and they are not posted yet. The closer it gets to me finding out the results, the worse I feel I did. Does anyone feel that way?

15. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 20, 2007

It's fairly common. Think about what you'd suggest if your best friend were in a similar situation, and do at least some of what comes to mind. Including the goofier-sounding possibilities, by the way.

Here's a hug.

16. mtnliving2007

mtnliving2007 New Member

Aug 20, 2007

Good luck everyone awaiting results!!!

Please,please,please...at least let me pass 2 out of 3!!! Don't expect to pass Subtest II, but will be very bummed to retake I and III. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!!!!!!!!!!

17. Ms.Special

Ms.Special Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

Thanks Teacher Groupie!!:D

18. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 20, 2007

All of you, go get some chocolate while you wait, or whatever works for you the same way.

19. Kippers

Kippers Companion

Aug 20, 2007

Okay-

I've checked three times so far. Now we're headed to Disneyland without knowing. I guess it's better to go wondering than going with bad news. I wonder if they have any internet access at the theme park.....

Look forward to checking back with you all tonight for a shared cyber celebration!

Good luck one and all. It has really helped to share the studying and the waiting for results with friends I haven't even met. :)

20. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 20, 2007

Disneyland sounds like a great plan, Kippers. The news will keep till you get home.

21. Calif_Girl

Calif_Girl Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

I passed subtest #2. That was the last one I needed. I'm shaking so hard!!! I can't believe I'm finished. Now it's on to the credential program! Yeah. :)

Sheree

22. mtnliving2007

mtnliving2007 New Member

Aug 20, 2007

SCORES ARE IN

It says I passed all 3 subtests...can I really celebrate or is there a chance my official scores will be different. OMIGOD...I don't have to start studying tonight. I am sorry if anyone gets bad news. I hope for a big WOOOOOHOOOOO for all of us.

23. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 20, 2007

Brava, Calif_Girl! Brava, mtnliving2007! I haven't heard of unofficial passing scores turning into official non-passing scores, so please go ahead and break out the champagne, or the Sierra Mist, as the case may be.

24. Northstar

Northstar Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

Oh My Word, I am so Nervous!

First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm an aspiring elementary school teacher in Northern California, and hopefully I will be starting my student teaching this January. I use the adverb hopefully because it all comes down to how I fared with the II and III subsets of the CSET. I passed the first subset on my first try:)! I was shocked I did, when I had studied very little for it, however English is my strong suit. Now science and math on the other hand are my Achilles' heels. What I find rather ironic is that when I feel I did my upmost worse on a test then the test score will show the complete opposite: I pass. Then there are the times when I feel quite exuberant after finishing a test, which I beleived I had passed, however the test score later shows me something quite contrary to how I was priorly feeling about my definite passing. Shucks. I felt great after taking the II and III subsets of the CSET in July, however, now, I am reduced to feeling butterflies in my stomach:unsure:. I may just wait for my results by snail mail, and not check out my unofficial scores on the CSET website.

25. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 20, 2007

Breathe, please, Northstar.

If it helps as fallback, the CSET-MS results from the November 3 testing will be out November 26; that might well be in time to allow your student teaching in January.

26. mommy3boys

mommy3boys Companion

Aug 20, 2007

I can't stop shaking...I PASSED subset I. OMG I can't believe it. I was so scared because those were not even close to my strong points. Did I mention that I PASSED subset I?

Now now to subset II, III on September 15.

I can't believe it.:woot:

27. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 20, 2007

Huzzah, mommy3boys! Don't forget to celebrate YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENT - nobody ever passed one of these things purely on luck.

28. beavis

beavis Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

Woo hoo!

Passed Subtest III!

29. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 20, 2007

High five to you, beavis! Same advice as for mommy above: celebrate properly!

30. Ms.Special

Ms.Special Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

OMG!!!!! I passed all 3 sections and I was only able to study for 2 weeks. I started crying and shaking. I am on cloud 9!!!!!!:D :p :angel: :love: :up: :2up:

31. jennegirl

jennegirl Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

I PASSED SUBTEST 2!!! I can't believe it after six attempts I passed. Teacher Groupie, how do I thank you for your support, patience and help. If ever you come up to South Orange County, let me know I owe you big time. BIG TIME!!!

32. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 20, 2007

Way to go, Ms.Special! And jennegirl, very well done!

33. Ms.Special

Ms.Special Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

Thank you Teacher groupie!!! Do you happen to know when the official test results are sent out?

34. jazzminjoy

jazzminjoy Comrade

Aug 20, 2007

Congratulations to everyone who passed! Way to go! :up: Oh yeah, all right, woo-hoo! :2up:

35. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 20, 2007

(TeacherGroupie swallows hastily, having been caught in mid-libation)

Official score reports are supposed to have been mailed today, I believe. They may not arrive till late in the week, though.

36. Ms.Special

Ms.Special Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

Teacher groupie.

Which definition of libation would you be referring to:

1. The pouring of a liquid offering as a religious ritual.
    2. The liquid so poured.
    3. A beverage, especially an intoxicating beverage.
    4. The act of drinking an intoxicating beverage.
    2. Informal
    1. A beverage, especially an intoxicating beverage.
    2. The act of drinking an intoxicating beverage.
    Ms. Special:whistle:

37. Ms.C teaches

Ms.C teaches Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

Congratulations to all of you that passed the CSET:) .

Any advise for those like me that missed the passing score by 6 pts? I have been so bummed all day. I don't know if I should put CEST Test 1 on the back burner for now, and maybe start studying for CEST Test 2????? Any tips I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks

38. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Aug 20, 2007

Hey, congratulations everyone!!! You did it!

39. Jellybeanie

Jellybeanie Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

Congratulation to all who passed!! I am also shaking w/ excitement b/c I PASSED Wooo Hooo~~~ :2up: I don't think I will fully believe it until I see the actual paper saying I passed. But I'm am so relieved to know that I don't have to crack open the science/ math section.. Next agenda to tackle-- Subtest 1-- History/ Lang/ Soc Studies, here I come! Oh and if anyone has any advice when it comes to studying that section, please let me know ;)

40. beavis

beavis Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

Yeah....that.....:whistle:

41. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 20, 2007

I'll leave that to your imagination, dear.