CSET Results are now available for Jan 10th exam

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by ddmansprty, Feb 9, 2009.

1. ddmansprty

ddmansprty Rookie

Feb 9, 2009

Go to the CSET site, select Score Reporting, and follow the prompts. You will need your ID # and birthdate.

I have not received the results via email yet...

Oh, I passed! Science II!!

3. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Feb 9, 2009

I passed English subtests 3 and 4. YAY! Now I'm all done with the CSETS. Thank you Elmer's English Resources and TeacherGroupie for all your help.

p.s. I want to add that this was my 2nd try on both subtests. So for any of you who don't pass this time - keep trying :thumb:

4. Mllezoe

Mllezoe Rookie

Feb 9, 2009

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I am so excited. I passed English subtests I and III on my first try...and I only started studying about four days before the tests. Now I do NOT recommend this for others; I was going through some really difficult emotional struggles and decided just to take the exams to get a feel for what kind of material would be on them. I figured I'd fail and just take them again. I think I lucked out BIG TIME.

Now on to Subtests II and IV and then hopefully I will be DONE!

Congrats to EVERYONE - whether you passed or not you TRIED and made the effort and I applaud you for that.

:haha:

5. Scrappy

Scrappy Rookie

Feb 9, 2009

I passed all four English tests, first time! Yahoo!

6. Onion

Onion New Member

Feb 9, 2009

Scrappy has impressed me. I too passed all four English tests first time, except that I took 1-3 a few months ago and just received my results for my January 10th subtest 4 tonight. It definitely would have been too much for me to take all four at once. I'm glad that hurdle is behind me, and I appreciate the helpful info I gathered from this forum. FYI - I used the Orange County study guides as the mainstay of my study regimen, but supplemented them with additional reading and research in areas where I had more questions. I actually ended up being over-prepared in a lot of ways.

7. rdgteacher70

rdgteacher70 New Member

Feb 9, 2009

I passed CSET I- III, but did not pass section IV. I scored 207, but needed 220 to pass. Oh well, I knew I was not very prepared for that section. I will study and take it again.

8. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 10, 2009

Congratulations, all!

9. kchand

kchand Rookie

Feb 10, 2009

I passed English subtest 3 but not 4 also. Not sure at all what I did wrong as I thought it was easy. Maybe that was the problem. Any recommendations welcome. I'm already signed up for Mar 14. I want to be DONE!! Congrats to those who passed. Well done

10. rnhung

rnhung Rookie

Feb 10, 2009

Congrats everybody!

CSET Math I, II, and III passed! No more tests for a while--break time!

:thumb:

11. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 11, 2009

Excellent, rnhung!

Hugs, kchand.

12. kchand

kchand Rookie

Feb 11, 2009

Thanks all. I got the official scores today. Question: I have checkmarks on every section for subtest IV. It states that I must exceed general command for this particular subtest. I don't have a clue what I didn't do so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

13. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 11, 2009

What that means is that your responses weren't egregiously disappointing in any of the ways covered by the rubrics (purposes, knowledge, support), but that your answers maybe needed to go just a little farther. The first strategy should probably be making a point of using appropriate terminology for the domain - slinging it around, really. (This is the up side of B.S....)

14. kchand

kchand Rookie

Feb 11, 2009

Thanks. That's what I thought. I can see doing that for the drama section, but what type of terminology would be useful for the other sections?

15. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 11, 2009

For journalism, the terminology of newspapers and other mass media: terms for how news is gathered, how it can be slanted, and for how it can be evaluated critically. For speech, the technical terminology for speech skills, parts of a speech, and also interpersonal communication. For the creative writing exercise, the technical terms for whatever it is that the student writer didn't do and should do.

16. kchand

kchand Rookie

Feb 11, 2009

Thanks. I got some books from the library with the basics. I'll let people know if they are any good.

17. M.J.

M.J. Rookie

Feb 11, 2009

Can you pass and yet suck?

Yes, this is whining. I passed subtests I and II fine given the score report and passed III as well; however, on the comparison of two literary texts section I got all the little letters (p, k, s, and d). How can this be? Wow is this messing with my mind.:confused:

18. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 11, 2009

The people who score your constructed responses on the 0-to-3 or 0-to-4 scale (which determines whether or not you pass) are not the people who assign the alphabet soup diagnostic codes. You must have written a worldbeating nonliterary analysis, and you must have come pretty close to a good one on the literary analysis.

19. M.J.

M.J. Rookie

Feb 12, 2009

Thanks, I feel better.

TeacherGroupie, you rock!

20. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 12, 2009

Awww, thanks!