CSET Physical Education I, II, and III

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by jimbiggs, Mar 16, 2015.

1. jimbiggs

jimbiggs New Member

Mar 16, 2015

I will be taking all three subtests in the near future. I was wondering if anyone could offer any information about how to prepare to pass the test. I have studied the Test Guides available on the CTC website. I have downloaded the California PE Framework. What else can I do? Is there a study guide I should purchase? Any advice would be appreciated.

3. coachjones7

coachjones7 New Member

Apr 13, 2015

Hey guys, I have passed Subtest II & III of the CSET in Physical Education, but have failed Subtest I 4 times!!! I am fine on the short answer response questions, but the multiple choice I do terrible on. I have a full time job waiting for me for the fall of 2015, but if I don't pass in this window I won't be hirable. PLEASE HELP WITH CSET PE SUBTEST 1!!!!!

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 13, 2015

Congratulations on having passed II and III!

Page 2 of your score report has a chart of diagnostics, with checkmark or letters for each of the constructed responses. What are you seeing for Subtest I, and how many pluses overall for constructed response?

5. Treeburn

Treeburn Rookie

Jun 9, 2015

Can you please contact me! Treeburn@aol.com!

6. coachjones7

coachjones7 New Member

Feb 11, 2016

CSET Subtest 1- I received 3 stars in the short answer section of the test. One check mark for the second short answer and k.s. on the first short answer. I received 3 stars on growth, motor development section and 2 stars in the science of human movement and got 2 stars overall for the multiple choice section. I got a score of 214.

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 11, 2016

The scale of plus marks runs from + (dismal) to ++++ (outstanding), so getting ++ means you've got a fair bit of ground to make up in science of human movement and in multiple choice overall. The k,s for your constructed response in domain 1 (growth, motor development, and motor learning) suggests that your response was missing key technical terminology and that it took a position that wasn't supported with evidence either from the scenario or from your knowledge of the domain.

If you don't have access to a textbook that covers the Subtest I content, try mining the California PE framework (or your memory of the test) for technical terms to look up on Wikipedia; a good Wikipedia entry should contain links to other terms that you also need to know. Then make a point of using those terms as you study - and in your self-talk as you work out or coach.