CSET multiple subject test

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by mtngirl, Nov 9, 2006.

1. mtngirl

mtngirl Rookie

Nov 9, 2006

I was wondering what types of resources have been used to study for the multiple subject test? What have been the most successful? I plan to take sections 1 and 2 in March and I am trying to get a jump start on studying. I have a theatre back ground and have not begun any of the course work for my credential. I have to pass the first 2 sections of the CSET before I can enroll. I have limited experience with chemistry, physics, and linguistics. I am seriously thinking about paying for a prep course as well as buying the Cliff's notes CSET book. Any information that anyone could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you:)

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 11, 2006

mtngirl, whereabouts in the state are you located?

If you're within striking distance of a bookstore, it would make sense to examine the various standard prep books for CSET (Cliff's, Kaplan, Boosalis's two or three books, REA, Barrons) before committing to one: there's no such thing as the one right book for everyone.

Rummage around among the threads on this subforum, and you'll find recommendations for other resources as well. There are some very cool children's books in science...

4. Kelster

Kelster Comrade

Nov 11, 2006

When I get my passing scores in December, I will gladly give you the two books that I used to study for the CSET.

5. mtngirl

mtngirl Rookie

Nov 12, 2006

Thanks for the help

Just wanted to thank TeacherGroupie and Kelster for suggestions RE: CSET study help.

Thank you,

Stacie

6. mtngirl

mtngirl Rookie

Nov 12, 2006

Thank you for your help. I am looking at Kindersley Visual Encyclopedia and have begun browsing E.D Hirsh's books. I have read so much negative feedback about Cliff's and Boosalis books that I decided to go this route and to take the online tests. Have you heard anything about CSET prep courses?

Thanks,

Stacie

7. mtngirl

mtngirl Rookie

Nov 12, 2006

Thank you

Thanks for the help!

Stacie

8. Kelster

Kelster Comrade

Nov 12, 2006

mtngirl, I used both the Cliff Notes, REA and Everything Your X grader need to know to study. For the last test I used the Barrons book. I have also spent a lot of time on this site reading postings and posting questions of my own.

I not familiar with the Boosalis books. I have heard that the Usborne books are supposed to be good too. As for prep courses, ask your school if they know of any. Good luck to you. It is good that you are starting the studying process early and not last minute like I did.

9. mtngirl

mtngirl Rookie

Nov 12, 2006

Thank you again. Have a great Sunday,

mtngirl