CSET MS RESULTS

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by Liliteaches1, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Liliteaches1

Liliteaches1 Rookie

Jul 13, 2018

I get my results tonight! I am sooooooo super nervous and have done nothing but dread this day since June 15th :(
    I really really hope I passed 2/3 subtopics.
    I know I didn't pass the second subtest because I just ran out of time to study..and I had to make the choice of trying to cram for the second subtest a week before my testing date, or to just use that week to review the 1st and 3rd one that I had already spent lots of time on.

I am supposed to be starting a teaching residency program this fall, and I was contingently accepted on the premise that I pass at least 2/3 subtests and pass my summer pre-requisite classes. My whole life I never really make a huge effort to study for anything. I always got decent grades and never really even tried because I never found it challenging enough...I didn't review or even crack open a book for the CBEST and I passed with pretty high scores. The CSET is the first thing I really really studied for and tried with, so I think that's why I am so nervous to find out.

I have very high A's in the summer courses so this is the last thing I need.
    Please send good thoughts my way today as I wait for these scores.

3. ccooley

ccooley Rookie

Jul 13, 2018

Good luck to you! I find out my results for Subtest 2 today. Dreading this wait!

4. Liliteaches1

Liliteaches1 Rookie

Jul 13, 2018

I keep checking my email just in case they send it before 10 pm!!!! This wait is unbearable and everything hangs in the balance :oops:

** I hope you pass your test!!

5. ccooley

ccooley Rookie

Jul 13, 2018

I keep doing the same thing! For my last two I received them around 8pm. Hoping it will be earlier this time but I doubt it.

Thank you, you too.

Liliteaches1 likes this.
  6. moeichi

moeichi New Member

Jul 13, 2018

I find out my results for Subtest II today too!! I've also been constantly refreshing my email haha. Good luck to everyone!

Liliteaches1 likes this.
  7. Liliteaches1

Liliteaches1 Rookie

Jul 13, 2018

ooooo well I hope all three of us pass then! I think I did alright but then again with multiple choice you just never know. And I am notorious for overthinking:(:confused:

moeichi likes this.
  8. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Phenom

Jul 13, 2018

Results should have come out at 5pm PST, I believe. Good luck everyone and please keep us posted!

Liliteaches1 likes this.
  9. ccooley

ccooley Rookie

Jul 13, 2018

I passed! Did you get your results?

futuremathsprof likes this.
  10. Efit1986

Efit1986 Rookie

Jul 13, 2018

I did not pass my 5th attempt at CSET 2. That was all I needed to keep my teaching position. Now I just lost my internship :(.

One of the science questions, I thought I NAILED! Apparently, I received a ‘k’ on it!!! I just looked at my notes as well as the Cliff Notes book and I drew the diagram correctly and labeled it correctly and wrote the info down correctly!! I basically put an identical answer!

NOW I AM TOTALLY LOST!!! It’s like someone is purposely trying to fail me :(

11. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Phenom

Jul 13, 2018

Congratulations and a job well done! :celebrate:

That must be a such a relief to be done with it.

ccooley likes this.
  12. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Phenom

Jul 13, 2018

I’m so sorry. What are your options at this point? Have you considered hiring a tutor to coach you through the concepts?

13. moeichi

moeichi New Member

Jul 13, 2018

Congratulations!! Oh my gosh, I passed too! Still can't really believe it :) Only have 2 more to go!

14. Efit1986

Efit1986 Rookie

Jul 13, 2018

I had two tutors this time around. One for the CSET as a whole, the other was a math tutor. I have already done the teacher test prep classes and khan academy and all that

15. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Phenom

Jul 13, 2018

Awesome! Great job!

Which one(s) are you going to take next?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  16. moeichi

moeichi New Member

Jul 13, 2018

Thank you so much!! :) I'll be taking Subtest I next! It'll be the hardest for me since I'm pretty bad with history, but hopefully it won't be too bad!

17. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Phenom

Jul 13, 2018

I’m sure you’ll do fine. Good luck!

18. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Phenom

Jul 13, 2018

Darn, that’s a bummer. Where do you think the disconnect is? What was your official scaled score? Was it close to 220?

19. Efit1986

Efit1986 Rookie

Jul 14, 2018

I have no idea where the disconnect is since I got the life cycle of a frog diagram incorrect apparantly when My answer was EXACTLY how it was in the Cliff Notes book!
    I got a 212 out of 220.

20. moeichi

moeichi New Member

Jul 14, 2018

Thank you!! I hope so too :)

21. ccooley

ccooley Rookie

Jul 14, 2018

I’m so sorry to hear that. I just got my results from the same Subtest as you and swore there was no way I passed and I did, so do not give up. I got marked a K as well. What were your plus signs for everything else?

22. Liliteaches1

Liliteaches1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2018

I got them last night and yes I passed! I actually did really well I was surprised!!! Wohoooo now I get to relax and enjoy my weekend and not stress! Congrats!!!! I’m so happy for you that you passed too!

23. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Phenom

Jul 14, 2018

This is great news, haha!

24. Stayc

Stayc New Member

Jul 19, 2018

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  25. Evelyn Thai-Uyen Nguyen

Evelyn Thai-Uyen Nguyen Rookie

Aug 14, 2018

same here. I have been trying to pass Subtest 2 for quite sometimes. I have had attempted to take it at least 6 times. The very first time I got 219 out of 220. The last 4-5 times, I kept getting 218 out of 220. I used Khan academy, Cliff, YouTube, quizlet, and in process of getting a tutor. Frustration and demoralizing are just some of the objectives I use to describe my whole CSET testing experience.

26. teachervero

teachervero Rookie

Jan 17, 2019

That's how I feel. I know I answered some questions correctly and they gave me dumb comments and only gave me an overall score of * on constructive response. Im so close from passing, yet so far. ughhh.... I've taken subtest 11 times and I've always been pretty close. sucks!

27. educate345

educate345 New Member

Jun 1, 2019

Taking the cset for the 5th time and I am getting so frustrated. I've used youtube and cliff notes. I've been getting +++ for science and math but the constructed responses is where I'm failing. I've only ever gotten + and its so frustrating. I'm always so close. The first time I missed it by one point

28. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 1, 2019

Hugs, educate345. What letters and/or checkmarks are you seeing along with that +?

29. educate345

educate345 New Member

Jun 1, 2019

I got a k on cr for one math and both science. I got one checkmark for one of the math cr's.

30. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 2, 2019

Checkmark on the one math response means you didn't embarrass yourself in terms of p (roughly, getting the answer right, or at least in the right ballpark), s (supporting your response with reasoning and/or evidence), and k (showing off that you actually know the subject matter at a reasonably adult level). The checkmark plus the three k's plus the strong multiple choice results make me think you might be coming up short on using the technical terminology of the field.

When you write your constructed responses, for whom are you writing? What do you assume about your readers?