CSET Math III test prep

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by sandy@cset, Aug 15, 2013.

1. sandy@cset

sandy@cset Rookie

Aug 15, 2013

Hi, I am planning to give Math Subtest III. Is there anyone who has recently given CSET Math III.
    Please help me with suggestions, resources for Subtest III. I am planning to take it in September. I don't find any good, to-the-point resources on web.

Thanks,
    Sandy

3. joeschmoe

joeschmoe Companion

Aug 18, 2013

A good college level calculus book w/ trig. Don't focus too much on the details of the concepts. Remember the test is short and they can't test you on anything too complicated. Just know the common derivatives, integrals, trig functions, etc.

4. sandy@cset

sandy@cset Rookie

Dec 27, 2013

CSET Math subtest3

Finally, I am planning to give my final subtest 3 in early January.
    Is someone there who has recently passed it?
    Any idea about the question asked on it? I have passed subtest 1&2 but couldn't find any good resources for subtest 3. I have innovation guy's question bank but they are just questions and NO solutions or answers :( .
    Any suggestion/ resources for the best preparations?

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Dec 27, 2013

To get innovationguy's answers, you need to pay him (CSET Math preparation is one of the things he does for a living).

Some people find that it works well to go through the relevant content on Khan Academy: the short videos go topic by topic, and are set out in a fairly sensible sequence. I think Khan also offers practice questions (not for CSET specifically, but covering the math concepts). Google "Khan Academy" and you're sure to find it.

6. sandy@cset

sandy@cset Rookie

Dec 27, 2013

I have already pay him for the question bank but he says that for subtest 3, he doesn't have answers.
    Also, I am reviewing the topics on khan academy too.
    Any other suggestion are highly appreciated.
    Thanks.

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Dec 28, 2013

I'm guessing your first language isn't English. If you learned calculus in another language, what you might most need is a glossary of math terms in English. This site might be helpful: http://www.mathwords.com/index_calculus.htm.