Cset III - Testing time question

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by tguinto2003, Jun 30, 2019.

1. tguinto2003

tguinto2003 Rookie

Jun 30, 2019

Hi everyone!

I took Math Cset III yesterday. I figured out the answer to the second constructed response during the last two minutes of the testing time. I was able to scan it and I checked to make sure it has been scanned correctly. It was fine , I closed the attachment screen, clicked the next button to end the test and then a screen popped up saying I have to scroll down to see the whole screen . I did it and then when I was getting ready to hit next the testing time ended!

My question is... would my last constructed response be accepted and counted even though I did not get to the next screen to end the test??? I’m 100% sure my response was scanned and attached and correct , too.

I got lucky I knew how to do the two constructed response questions but felt like I spent too much time on the multiple choice questions so I was rushing to complete the 2 constructed response question.

3. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Phenom

Jun 30, 2019

I would contact the testing agency to get a definitive answer. My guess would be that it will be accepted since your response was recorded.

Did you already pass CSET I: Algebra and Number Theory and CSET II: Geometry and Probability and Statistics? Is this your last one? Have you started student teaching yet? Are you adding on an authorization to a pre-existing credential? :)

4. tguinto2003

tguinto2003 Rookie

Jun 30, 2019

Thank you! I am praying that my response was accepted

I already have a foundational level credential which I obtained July and got a full time teaching job too last year. I took the CSET III to get the full credential.

futuremathsprof likes this.
  5. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Phenom

Jun 30, 2019

I’m rooting for you because I already have my full credential and this will be my 6th year teaching!

I’m so excited for you. What math classes would like like to teach ideally? Please keep us posted.

tguinto2003 likes this.
  6. tguinto2003

tguinto2003 Rookie

Jun 30, 2019

Thank you! I taught middle school math but I really want to teach Trig/Precal or if not at least any high school math.

Now the waiting game for the results is killing me!

futuremathsprof likes this.
  7. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Phenom

Jul 1, 2019

I teach at the high-school level and to date I’ve taught:
    • Pre-algebra (1 year)
    • Algebra 1 (2 years)
    • Geometry (4 years)
    • Algebra 2 (1 year)
    • Precalculus/Trigonometry (2 years)
    • AP Statistics (5 years)
    • AP Calculus AB (2 years)
    • AP Calculus BC (3 years)
    • Calc 3 (1 year)
    I’ve also taught Advanced Calculus and Differential Equations at the local community college (over the summer) as I also have a Masters in Math.

I hope you results are stellar. Teaching math is so much fun!!!