CSet Help!!

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by lisawn, Jul 17, 2005.

1. lisawn

lisawn Rookie

Jul 17, 2005

I studied for about two weeks prior to my subtest I exam using the Kaplan prep book. I dont feel like a did a very good job, but I knew the book inside and out!
    has anyone used the kaplan guide with success?
    Any new ideas for studying other than....
    Cliff Notes? (good or bad?)
    Barrons (good or bad?)
    brainpop.com
    ace the cset program
    Thanks for any help! :sorry:

3. jenmcc

jenmcc Rookie

Jul 17, 2005

I used the Cliff Notes book with good sucess. I also used took the practice test that was on the CSET website. I hope this helps.

4. veg_guy

veg_guy Rookie

Jul 17, 2005

As I mentioned on another post, I think Kaplan and Cliffs notes are the two best books. That being said, they take completely different approaches. So if Kaplan didn't work for you, then by all means, give Cliffs a try. As for Barrons, it's only so-so.

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 18, 2005

First, don't actually sign up for the September test till you get your unofficial results: people do pass without expecting to, and NES automatically waives late reg fees for retakers.

If prep books don't do it for you (and they don't for many people), try kids' reference books and Web sites, which should help for just about everything but teaching reading. Or use Kaplan again, but this time as a source of terms to look up on the Internet for a different and probably more visual perspective. If history's an issue, you could prowl around the Library of Congress Web site, which should be www.loc.gov or possibly www.libraryofcongress.gov - there's a lot of multimedia. You could catch the last two of three episodes of Jared Diamond's GUNS, GERMS AND STEEL on PBS Monday night or Tuesday night. Think about connections...