CSET English

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by anewstart101, Jun 24, 2012.

1. anewstart101

anewstart101 Cohort

Jun 24, 2012

I am contemplating taking all four subtests at once.
    My background is theatre and english. Though I teach special education now. I would like the authorization to open up other jobs --high school mild mod positions such as ED and because it interest me. I looked at Math and I doubt that will happen

I figured I would take them all in July and see what I pass-- continue to study and take what ever in September.

I know I will be crunched for time -- does taking the test to prepare you at all for future test???

I have gotten some great study materials going off of old threads. With a few weeks to study is there anyway I should prioritize my time?

3. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Jun 24, 2012

This is my exact specialization. I have my sped credential and the ELA CSET (along with a BA in ELA and minor in theater). I started out by taking all four tests at once (without too much study time) with the hopes I'd pass a few. It turned out to be a really good strategy. I ended up passing I and II, then only had to really study form III and IV.

Because of my specialization in ELA, I got my dream job teaching pullout ELA classes.

If you're in CA, pm me and I'll give you another suggestion for becoming highly qualified to teach secondary subjects in SPED.

Since you only have about a month, I suggest using the practice test and test description from the CSET website as a study guide.