CSET Business

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by jmckernan, Apr 8, 2017.

1. jmckernan

jmckernan Rookie

Apr 8, 2017

After doing a Google search for "CSET Business", only very old posts appeared.
    Has anyone anything new to add ? Fresher than '06 ?
    The district I have been trying to get hired by has tossed a bomb out by changing "Video Production" from an art department position to a business department position. Gumming up all my plans in the process.
    It's been YEARS since I took business classes in college, much less staying current with theories, etc...
    Anyone with recent experience regarding the CSET ?
    I took and passed both, complete versions, English and Art CSET's...but this one has me flummoxed. Teacher Groupie, our resident guru, will correctly advise to cross reference the materials provided by CTC, but any other tid-bits would be appreciated.
    I found the prep materials, CTC provided and outside sourced, for the English and Art exams to be simplified versus the actual exams...makes me nervous about the business CSET, as hardly anything is available to look at.
    Thanks

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 10, 2017

Wikipedia.

4. 99 percent

99 percent Rookie

May 6, 2017

I took and passed all three sections of the Business CSET in one day, back when it was still on paper and pencil. I did not purchase any study material, since I was already familiar with all of the subjects, having just completed a BA/MBA in Finance. At that time, I was subbing for extra money during graduate school and thought that I should take the CSET if a position opened up, I could apply for it.

Much time went by.......... and I'm still sitting on those passing CSET scores.

After several career failures, I was going to try to get into a credential program, but no schools in my area public or private will offer a teaching credential in business? Cal State Fresno is the last school in California to still offer the business credential, according to my research.

Anyone with helpful advice, please respond ASAP?

5. 99 percent

99 percent Rookie

May 6, 2017

Addendum..........How I passed the CSET in Business.

First, I took a look at the sample test questions to get an idea of the type of questions they would ask, and get and idea of the difficulty.

Second, I created my own study guide/outline based from the test structure and content. I focused mostly on the areas I was weak in, and glazed over topics I was strong in.