CSET 5/17....venting!

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by glamis369, May 18, 2008.

1. glamis369

glamis369 Rookie

May 18, 2008

Well, not to freak anyone out but I have to tell you that taking all three subsets in one day was the biggest mistake and the MOST HORRIBLE thing I think I have ever done!
    I took on too much, spread myself too thin and now I think I'll be retaking them all when I can. I'm so relieved this time is over but sad because it was hard for me. My History and Science teachers in high school and college didn't teach me much at all I have learned. Oh well, I did my best and its time to move on.

I want to thank all of you who helped me with websites, info, etc. I will certainly be using it all as I start very soon to study for the next one so it is my last!

One thing--I took a bathroom break at one point and could hear the person in the stall next to me rifling through notes. I was so mad! I wanted to say something to someone when I went out but decided there was really no way I could prove it and I knew they probably couldn't search the girl. What would you do/have done?? It just mad me so mad that we all study so hard and here is this girl cheating by putting notes in her pants!

3. myty1124

myty1124 Rookie

May 18, 2008

glamis,
    Im sorry you feel badly about your test yesterday. Teachergroupie said on another thread that often times, testers feel just the way you do, that they will probably have to retake the whole thing but in the end, they do better than they thought. I hope that will be the case for you. I took two subtests for the English cset and I too am so unsure of how I did but like you, Im trying to put it behind me until I find out how I did (trying but not yet succeeding)

About the girl who was cheating. I think I would have done the same as you. My feeling would have been that if she has so little integrity as a test taker, than she has little business trying to become a teacher. Her cheating and lack of knowledge will catch up with her eventually. Hopefully, it wont effect her future students. Anyway, I wish you the best and I hope that you will be pleasantly surprised by your scores. : )

4. glamis369

glamis369 Rookie

May 18, 2008

Thanks myty! I hope you are feeling a little better than yesterday as I am getting there little by little. I hope you did marvelously on both of your Subsets.
    I kind of wish I wouldn't have told anyone I was taking the test yesterday because now they are asking me about it....ugh!
    Can't wait to hear your great results in June.

5. sutterfish

sutterfish Rookie

Jun 10, 2008

It was hot, it was long and I am so glad it is over!!! I was miserable though. I usually can tell how I did and I had no idea. I was very drained and after finishing each section and reviewing my questionable answers at the end I had two minutes left. I knew I didn't know the answer to at least two of the essays but I knew some of the answer so I just answered all the essays as much as I could and on one of them I just talked about what I did know about something else closely related. And all in all after taking all three on the same day, I am happy to report that I passed. I can't stop thanking god and at one point I even just cried out of relief LOL. I know I am a nut. I am just glad and am now inspired to keep going.

6. myty1124

myty1124 Rookie

Jun 10, 2008

Im so happy for you. I too would be so overwhelmed if I passed my tests on the first time. You have earned the right to be happy and to cry tears of joy. :) Congrats to you!!

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 10, 2008

Dunno how I missed this thread before...

sutterfish, you did exactly what you should have done on the constructed responses: you used what you did know and reasoned from closely related things. Excellently done!

8. glamis369

glamis369 Rookie

Jun 10, 2008

sutterfish--you spoke exactly how I felt. I too just wrote what I could on some of the constructed response as I really didn't have much of a clue how to answer. It obviously worked for both of us............yay for us!!!!!!! Congrats!

9. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 10, 2008

And please, both of you, encourage your students to do likewise.

I'm thrilled for you both.